Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Saturday 9: Chuck E's In Love

Camas Lilies that Lewis and Clark talked about in their journal.
It is time again for Saturday 9! The weeks go by so quickly, these days!

Saturday 9: Chuck E.'s in Love (1979)

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Chuck E.'s friends look for him at the pool hall and the drugstore. If we want to find you on a Saturday afternoon, where should we look? Probably at home. Although I was really hoping to spend a lot more time actually doing things when I moved here, having no money pretty much grounds me... I barely have enough money for gas to get to work!

2) The lyrics tell us his friends know something up with Chuck E because he's even combed his hair. So here's a question about your hair: do you usually use a blow dryer or let it air dry?  Air dry. If I blow dry it it turns into a ball of frizz!

3) In this song, Ricki Lee sings that she spotted Chuck E. at the Pantages, a grand old Los Angeles theater. Nearly 100 years old, the Pantages was originally a movie palace and was renovated in the 1980s for concerts and theatrical productions. Tell us about a cool landmark in your town. I've only lived here for a while, so I don't know many. One I do know of is the Camas Lilies, which bloom in the spring time and are really pretty. Lewis and Clark (the famous explorers, not my fish) talked about them in their journal when they traveled through this area.

4) "Chuck E." is a real person. Chuck E. Weiss is a blues musician and DJ who hung around with Ricki Lee and her boyfriend ... until he fell in love. Have you ever had a friendship fall by the wayside when one of you entered a romantic relationship? Not really. Kind of in high school, I guess... I was good friends with a guy and a girl, and the three of us used to hang out all the time... but then they started going out with each other, and then they sort of turned against me, as a bonding experience or something. They started making fun of me and stuff. It was so rude. Of course after they broke up, they each individually wanted to be friends with me again!

5) Rickie Lee was once married to a French musician named Pascal Nabet-Meyer. Say something to us in French. Bon jour?

6) When her popularity was at its height, Rickie Lee appeared on the cover of Rolling Stone twice. Who have you seen on a recent magazine cover? Oprah. I saw her on the cover of her own magazine EVERY SINGLE MONTH!

7) Rolling Stone called Rickie Lee "the duchess of cool." Who is the coolest person you know? Uh... I only know, like, 11 people. And most of them are pretty cool.
 
8)  1979 was a good year for Rickie Lee, what with her big hit record and the Rolling Stone covers. But it was a terrible year for The Who, because eleven of their fans died during an Ohio concert. What's your favorite Who song? I used to like "Pinball Wizard". Mostly because I liked playing Pinball.

9) Rickie Lee moved to New Orleans, a city she fell in love with after a visit. Have you ever gone to a vacation spot and wished you could just stay there forever? Manitowish Waters, of course! That was the awesome town in northern Wisconsin where my family used to go every summer, for generations. But I also felt that way about several other places, including Maui and Key West. And here, actually, and now I do live here

Alright, everyone, that is Saturday 9 for you! If you want to participate, just copy and paste the questions into your own blog, answer the questions, and enter the linky on the Saturday 9 page! !

1 comment :

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!