Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Saturday 9: Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

It is time again for Saturday 9! I know you are so excited! If you would like to participate, just go over to the Saturday 9 website, copy the meme, answer the questions on your own blog, and then add your url to the Linky!

Saturday 9: Boulevard of Broken Dreams (2004)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here


1) The "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" video begins with the gentlemen of Green Day dealing with car trouble. If your car overheated, what's the first thing you would do to remedy the situation? I used to have a car that overheated ALL THE TIME. So this is pretty much the one thing I know how to do with cars. First you turn up your heat to such some of the heat out until you can pull over. Then you pull over and let it cool down. Then you add coolant or, if you have none, water. One time someone I was riding with opened up the coolant thing too soon, and the boiling hot fluid sprayed him in the face and burned him! He was a jerk though, so it sort of served him right.

2) Thinking of cars, lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong has had his share of trouble behind the wheel and was busted for driving well beyond the speed limit. Was your last ticket for parking, or was it a moving violation? Parking, I think. I haven't had a ticket in a while though. In the past I did get some speeding tickets!

3) Billie Joe says "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" was inspired by the Edward Hopper painting, "Nighthawks." Tell us about a piece of artwork that you enjoy. (Yes, the macaroni picture frame created for you by your nephew counts.) I have at my house in Chicago a painting made by my sister-in-law, which is like a fractal, with lots of bright colors, and glitter.

4) Let's go back to childhood. Was the home where you grew up located on a boulevard, an avenue, a street, a lane or a road? We moved a lot and I don't remember my first three addresses because I was under the age of three. The first one I remember was a Lane, and then we moved to a Street.


5) This song won Green Day a Grammy for Record of the Year. What positive feedback have you received recently? People like the GIFT GUIDE I've been working on for gifts for children with autism, ADHD and other special needs. Check it out! 

6) Green Day uses their Facebook page to let more than 32 millions know what the group is doing. What's the last thing you posted to social media? A picture of some people in Portland walking their goats on leashes.

7) In 2004, when this song was popular, Ken Jennings had a still unbeaten string of 74 wins on Jeopardy! What game show do you think you'd do well on? Family Feud! I like that one. Because it is one of the only ones that doesn't require you to be very smart!

8) Also in 2004, Lance Armstrong was in the midst of his own Tour de France winning streak. Now we know he cheated. Tell us about a time you broke the rules. Hmm, I can't remember exactly... there just aren't that many rules lately that are really worthy of breaking. Okay, when I was a kid, I did shoplift occasionally. I stole a Chapstick once, and I stole pops a few times, and once my friend and I stole a birthday cake. 

9) 2004 is when Morgan Spurlock released Super Size Me, his documentary about eating nothing but McDonald's for a month. What's the last fast food restaurant you visited? Portillo's, when I was in Chicago. You probably don't know what it is if you don't live there, but it is popular for their beef sandwiches, and they also have burgers and hot dogs and salads and stuff. My favorite is their chopped salad, and their chocolate cake shake! 

Okay, that is it for Saturday Nine for this week! I hope you all had fun!

6 comments :

  1. Ah, Portillo's! It's my nephew's favorite-most place on earth!

    I think Family Feud does take talent (if not brains). The right answer is the most popular answer, so you need to be sensitive to others to win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You answer about turning up the heat reminded me of the time my Vega overheated in the middle of January on the way back to college in 1974. It was -15F and the temperature light came on, what the ??? I pulled over and checked the radiator it was stone cold ??? I gingerly crack the radiator cap. Nothing. I take off the cap and look in the radiator and it is slush!
    I figured out that the radiator was frozen and the water couldn't circulate and the engine overheated. So for the rest of the ride back to Rochester I had the heat on Max. It must have been 90 in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How on earth would you steal a birthday cake? That must've been quite the creative theft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Family Feud requires one to have intuition and think like the common man, which I would be no good at.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Family Feud! Also how in the world did you and your friend steal a birthday cake?? It's not like you could put it in your pocket LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never got caught for my speeding. Country girl, you know. I did get a warning from a very nice highway patrolman who pulled in the drive way behind me on the country road, and the first thing that happened was that my mother ran up to me and told be someone was there to take my dog! I turned to the officer and said, They are trying to take my dog!" I ran towards the people while he was talking, and he yelled, "now don't do this again!" I yelled back, "I promise I won't!" and he left.

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!