It is time again for Saturday 9! I know you are so excited! If you would like to participate, just go over to the Saturday 9 website, copy the meme, answer the questions on your own blog, and then add your url to the Linky!
Saturday 9: Boulevard of Broken Dreams (2004)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) The "Boulevard of Broken Dreams"
video begins with the gentlemen of Green Day dealing with car trouble.
If your car overheated, what's the first thing you would do to remedy
the situation? I used to have a car that overheated ALL THE TIME. So this is pretty much the one thing I know how to do with cars. First you turn up your heat to such some of the heat out until you can pull over. Then you pull over and let it cool down. Then you add coolant or, if you have none, water. One time someone I was riding with opened up the coolant thing too soon, and the boiling hot fluid sprayed him in the face and burned him! He was a jerk though, so it sort of served him right.
Thinking of cars, lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong has had his share of
trouble behind the wheel and was busted for driving well beyond the
speed limit. Was your last ticket for parking, or was it a moving
violation? Parking, I think. I haven't had a ticket in a while though. In the past I did get some speeding tickets!
Billie Joe says "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" was inspired by the Edward
Hopper painting, "Nighthawks." Tell us about a piece of artwork that
you enjoy. (Yes, the macaroni picture frame created for you by your
nephew counts.) I have at my house in Chicago a painting made by my sister-in-law, which is like a fractal, with lots of bright colors, and glitter.
4) Let's go back to childhood. Was the home where you grew up located on a boulevard, an avenue, a street, a lane or a road? We moved a lot and I don't remember my first three addresses because I was under the age of three. The first one I remember was a Lane, and then we moved to a Street.
5) This song won Green Day a Grammy for Record of the Year. What positive feedback have you received recently? People like the GIFT GUIDE I've been working on for gifts for children with autism, ADHD and other special needs. Check it out!
Day uses their Facebook page to let more than 32 millions know what the
group is doing. What's the last thing you posted to social media? A picture of some people in Portland walking their goats on leashes.
7) In 2004, when this song was popular, Ken Jennings had a still unbeaten string of 74 wins on Jeopardy! What game show do you think you'd do well on? Family Feud! I like that one. Because it is one of the only ones that doesn't require you to be very smart!
Also in 2004, Lance Armstrong was in the midst of his own Tour de
France winning streak. Now we know he cheated. Tell us about a time you
broke the rules. Hmm, I can't remember exactly... there just aren't that many rules lately that are really worthy of breaking. Okay, when I was a kid, I did shoplift occasionally. I stole a Chapstick once, and I stole pops a few times, and once my friend and I stole a birthday cake.
9) 2004 is when Morgan Spurlock released Super Size Me, his documentary about eating nothing but McDonald's for a month. What's the last fast food restaurant you visited? Portillo's, when I was in Chicago. You probably don't know what it is if you don't live there, but it is popular for their beef sandwiches, and they also have burgers and hot dogs and salads and stuff. My favorite is their chopped salad, and their chocolate cake shake!
Okay, that is it for Saturday Nine for this week! I hope you all had fun!