Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Product Review: Simply Earth Peppermint Essential Oil

I don't know why, but for some reason, last night I was having a terrible allergy attack. I am allergic to pretty much everything airborne, so I take loratadine allergy pills every morning. They usually keep my allergies at bay. But last night my nose was so itchy, my eyes were itchy and watery, and I was sneezing all over the place! Sometimes I resort to an antihistamine when it gets that bad, but I didn't have any on hand.

Then I remembered the Simply Earth Peppermint Essential Oil that I had recently gotten for free, in exchange for a review. I had read somewhere that smelling essential oils could sometimes unclog your sinuses. So I opened it up, put a few drops on a paper towel, held it over my mouth and nose, and inhaled. (I don't quite recommend you do exactly that, though... it is a strong oil and can actually irritate your eyes and skin if used improperly. At the time, the frustration of bad allergies made me desperate!)


Right away the itchiness in my nose decreased greatly. My nose was sort of runny after that, but I stopped sneezing and was able to breathe much more easily! I was very relieved. Usually, when I have an allergy attack, I have trouble sleeping that night because my nose gets clogged... and sometimes afterwards it escalates into a full sinus infection. So to be able to get my allergy attack under control so quickly, without medication, was really awesome!

I began to do some research to find out what else I could use peppermint essential oil before. I found a few interesting ones.

1.) If mixed with some sort of base oil such as coconut or almond oil, you can rub it on achy joints. The feeling will be similar to Icy Hot and give you some relief.
2.) When you have a cold or allergies, you can either mix it with an oil and rub it on your chest, or diffuse it in a vaporizer-type apparatus, to help you breathe and also help you cough up all the nasty stuff from your lungs.
3.) Also mixed with an oil, you can rub it on your temples when you have a headache, for a cooling feeling that is much better than just a cold washcloth!
4.) Take a whiff of it when you need more energy or focus, such as when you need to study, get some work done, or drive for many hours.
5.) Sniff it, or rub a little on your stomach, when you're feeling nauseous.
6.) If you have sore feet, either mix some in oil and massage your feet with it, or add some to cold water and soak your feet in it.
Basically, just think about this. You know how, when you eat a candy cane, your mouth feels cool and refreshed? That isn't just from the taste. Peppermint essential oil will leave that same feeling wherever it is used, whether it is inhaled or rubbed on the skin.

I am really happy with my Simply Earth Peppermint Essential Oil! I think I will be using it a lot!

Oh yeah, and if you buy from this company, you can feel good about it, because they give back to society. They donate 13% to organizations that help victims of human trafficking. Why 13%? No, it isn't just a random number. It represents the average age of a human trafficking victim, which is 13 years old. 

By the way, I received this product for free in exchange for my honest review.

#simplyearth

2 comments :

  1. A lot of people love peppermint oil! I have some but never know what to use it for. Thanks for all of the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful information! I've used peppermint oil for upset stomach before and it really helps. I wonder if a little bit might help my patient. (I'm a pediatric home health nurse.) He tends to get more congested after I administer his experimental medication. I have used Benadryl and Children's Mucus Relief with mixed results. The poor kid ends up miserable and unable to sleep a lot of the time and I feel helpless. I'll mention it to his mom. Maybe it would be just the thing, and it couldn't hurt to try.

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!