Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Friday, December 4, 2015

ADHD/Autism/Special Needs Gift Guide

HI EVERYBODY! After managing to rock NaBloPoMo, I took a few days off and worked on a different project. I'd like to share it with you, if you don't mind. I read that a lot of bloggers were creating gift guides for the holiday season. I decided to make one too. Of course I had to put my own spin on it, so I made a gift guide for people who want to buy presents for someone with ADHD, autism, or other special needs.

I have worked on it for about a million hours, and I am still adding more every day! I was struggling to decide how to arrange it and what to include. In the end, I decided to give each individual gift it's own blog post, and then label each post by category, ages it is meant for, and topic. This resulted in Blogger thinking I was posting a lot of SPAM, and I started having to enter a captcha code each time I posted a new item.

How did I find my ideas? A lot of them came from things that I would like, and things that I've seen kids enjoy a lot in the classrooms and camps I've worked in. I also scoured online toy catalogs like Fat Brain Toys, read Amazon reviews, and watched demonstrations on YouTube. So I feel really good about the things I am recommending here!

I am still adding to it every day, but I wanted to get it out there by today so that people could see it in time for their holiday shopping. Of course, these gifts could all just as easily be used for birthdays and other events!

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for things I should add.

Thanks!

WIthout further ado, here is the guide... go check it out!
http://angelthealiengiftguide.blogspot.com



2 comments :

  1. Wow that was a lot of work!!! Thanks for all the resources and when I have more time I would like to puruse them at leisure. My son said "Wow- she must really know aspies cuz I love all that stuff!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so sweet that you have taken so much time to make this very special gift guide. It's a shame that blogger is making you do extra work to publish each post. You're just too quick for blogger LOL

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!