Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Sunday Stealing: Consider Yourself

Yes, I want to own five dogs!
Hi everyone! It is time for Sunday Stealing again! This is one of my favorite memes. Feel free to play along, and be sure to join the linky if you do!

1) Of the various cultures, ethnicities or nationalities you belong to, which most strongly do you consider yourself?
Italian, because my Nona is Italian. I grew up on Italian food. Unfortunately, my Nona chose not to pass on the language and culture. She grew up with parents who didn't speak any English, and she got made fun of for being Italian at a time when people were racist against Italians. So when she grew up she spoke only English, and raised her kids to be all-American. I am lucky she at least kept the Italian cooking! I wish I could learn more about the culture my family has lost.
 
2) Is there a culture you cannot claim heritage from but which you feel quite close to?
Mexican. I've had a lot of Mexican friends over the years, and working in schools I've worked with mostly children who were either born in Mexico or whose parents were born there.
 
3) What's one language you wish you knew fluently?
Spanish, or Italian. Sorry, that is two languages.
 
4) If you could move anywhere in the world and be guaranteed a job, etc., where would you go?
 I just moved to the Pacific Northwest, so I'd probably stay around there. I wish I could be guaranteed a job there! That would be nice!
 
5) If you had a time machine, and could witness any one event without altering or disturbing it, what would you want to see?
 Woodstock! The first one, not the weird 1996 one that was sponsored by Pepsi.
 
6) Have problems sleeping?
Sometimes I do. My natural sleep cycle does not correspond with the sleep cycle I'm required to keep!
 
7) Are you free with your feelings? Yep, a little TOO free sometimes! I wear my heart on my sleeve!
8) What is the one outfit/piece of clothing/accessory you own that makes you feel incredibly good whenever you wear it? Why? My overalls. I have no idea why. I just love them. 
 
 9) What do you do to make yourself feel better when you're in a funk? Blog, or watch a funny movie. 
 
10) Has anyone ever surprised you in a way that let you know you were special? How? Hmm... I don't think anyone has! Not that I can think of! Many times people try not to surprise me because surprises freak me out. Even good surprises, sometimes. For instance if someone said. "Surprise! We're taking a trip to Disney World and we're leaving tomorrow!" I love Disney World, but I'd still be sort of freaked out because I'd have to completely re-imagine what they next few days would be like, I'd have to change all the images in my head!
 
11) When you are having a "good day," how do you spread the happiness to others? Probably just by smiling a lot, making silly jokes, singing to myself, and generally being cheerful.
 
12) What is one thing that puts you in a bad mood, no matter how good you were previously feeling? Being sick. Or someone yelling at me.
 
13) Would you rather live in a world with or without technology such as computers, cars, airplanes, bombs? A world without bombs would be great. But I need cars and airplanes to get back and forth to see my family, and I need a computer to communicate. 
 
14) If you had to live without either heating in your house or air conditioning, which one would you keep? Air conditioning. I grew up without air conditioning, so I'd be fine with it. I'm usually too cold, anyways, when the air is on. 
 
15) If you had to own five dogs, what kind would you get?
I'd just go to the shelter and play with all the dogs, and I'd rescue the first five dogs who seemed to bond with me! Rescued dogs are the best, anyways! But if you were forcing me to choose my hypothetical dogs, I would like at least one pug, because their little faces are so cute and I've never met a mean pug. I'd also like a pitbull... but a small pitbull, like a pocket pit.

That's it! That was a cool meme!

No comments :

Post a Comment

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!