1) Black is this week's signature color because Friday, November 27, was "Black Friday," when retailers cut their prices and consumers flock to the stores. No, because first of all it didn't look like there were any deals that would make it worth it. And second of all, my mom read that the stores were even putting tables of items in the aisles, so it would be really crowded and hard to move around. Too overwhelming!
2) WalMart, Best Buy, Toys R Us and Target have all heavily advertised their "Black Friday" sales. If you could have a $50 gift card to one of those stores, which would choose? What would you spend the $50 on? I would spend it at Target, because I don't really like Wal-Mart. What would I get? Logically I should just use it to get necessities like groceries and shampoo and stuff. But I'd rather spend it on fun things, like arts and crafts stuff, bones for my dog, books, etc.
3) Star Wars items are predicted to be big sellers this Black Friday. I am not. My cousin BT is, I think.
4) Feasting and football are also popular Thanksgiving weekend pastimes. Do your Thursday-Sunday plans include pigging out or watching a game? NO! Well, maybe pigging out. But no football. It is boring to me!
5) At Thanksgiving dinners, Crazy Sam's homemade gravy is always a hit. (Probably because she's so generous with the cognac, which gives the gravy a nutty taste.) Do you have a signature dish? Not personally, really... but my mom and I are trying to master a good baked macaroni and cheese recipe. If I was going to bring something, it would probably be deviled eggs, which are pretty easy to make but which many people think are difficult. And EVERYONE loves deviled eggs! Although I've heard that some very religious people call them "Doubled eggs" or "Angeled eggs."
6) What did you give thanks for on Thanksgiving 2015? I gave thanks for my family, of course!
7) Monday is Cyber Monday, when shoppers can save big online. Do you shop confidently over the Internet, or do you worry about security breaches and identity theft? I don't really worry about breaches. My identity is not that great... my credit score is nothing to brag about. So a thief would not be able to get very far with my identity. They might possibly even improve it!
8) This week's featured band, Los Bravos, was international. Their members came from both Germany and Spain. If you could travel to any foreign country in the world, which would you choose? Italy because I want to go to where my grandparents came from. Or Australia so I can see koalas and kangaroos and sloths and other cool animals.
9) The band's name, Los Bravos, can be translated to mean, "The Brave." Do you consider yourself gutsy? In some ways I am. I have done a lot of things that a lot of people would consider brave, like traveling across the country by Greyhound, being homeless, staying in a crack house, and, well, moving to a new state. On the other hand, everyday things such as going to work, going into the backyard alone at night, or meeting new people, have me shaking in my boots!
Well, that is it for this week's Saturday Nine! I hope you all enjoyed it!