Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Product Review: Arvazallia Ultra Curl Defining Cream

Hi everyone! This week I got to test a product called Arvazallia Ultra Curl Defining Cream With Argan Oil. Those of you who know me in real life (or who have ever looked at me) know that I am not the most stylish person. I have never been able to do much with my hair. I like to keep it pretty natural looking anyways, and so usually the most I do with it is condition it, comb it out, and let it air-dry. Sometimes this turns out okay, but sometimes it is frizzy or oddly misshapen... it is sort of a luck-of-the-draw situation.

However, I would never be one to spend an hour in the bathroom fussing over myself. I also tend to avoid many hair products because of the smell and feel. (Does the smell of aerosol hairspray give you an instant flashback to the junior high girls' bathroom? Just the memory of that scent gives me an instant headache!)

When I was offered the chance to review Arvazallia Ultra Curl Defining Cream, I was hoping for a product that would really not add much to my morning routine... something that would be really easy to use (dummy proof, really) and would control my curls without drastically changing my appearance. I also wanted something that wouldn't have a strong smell that would follow me around all day.

The first thing that I noticed was that I really like the smell. I don't really know how to describe it. It isn't overly flowery, nor does it have a generic "soapy" smell. It is a pleasant scent... maybe sort of fruity? The smell faded as my hair dried, which is important because I work in schools, and many children (especially those with sensory processing disorders) are sensitive to smells. I noticed my hair smelled fresh and clean, but not overpowering at all.

When my hair dried, I noticed that my curls were frizz-free and looked like individual curls instead of like a wild mess. (I guess that is what they mean by defined curls.) My hair stayed nice all day! This is noteable because, working with children, I am moving around all day, sometimes running, sometimes being out in the rain, sometimes even getting my hair pulled. So to be able to come home and look in the mirror and see that my hair stayed calm even when I wasn't, was a good thing. This is me at about 7:00 tonight. How do I look?



I really did not need a lot of this in order for it to work. Just a tiny squirt worked wonders. I think this 10.14 ounce bottle will last me a while. I am glad about that, because I will (hopefully) have some job interviews coming up, and I'll need to look at least a little bit "put together."

Curly haired people, let me know if you've used this product before, and whether you liked it!

1 comment :

  1. Your curls look lovely. I have straight hair, so I'm not exactly the best candidate to review this product. I hope you find an eligible critic, though.

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!