Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Compare And Contrast Challenge!

I was invited by another blogger (FlutistPride) to participate in a challenge that she created. The challenge involves comparing and contrasting yourself with another blogger. I feel kind of honored because I was the first person she compared and contrasted herself to! You can read that post on her blog here

I decided to compare and contrast myself with The Gal Herself, over at One Girl's Musings. I worked on this for quite a while, and made a Venn Diagram and everything, before I wrote this post! I love Venn Diagrams for some reason. Much of what I know about The Gal Herself, I learned from Sunday Stealing and other memes. Here is what I came up with. 

Comparisons
We both use aliases in our blogs. Mine is Angel The Alien, and she is The Gal Herself. I think she's a little more protective of her alias than I am, because I post photos of myself and have mentioned my real name before, and she does not do those things. 

We are both from Chicago area, born and raised. 

We both love the Beatles! 

We both are animal lovers.

Neither one of us knows anything about cars.  

We both enjoy writing and blogging. 

Both of us care about children, but neither one of us has any children ourselves.

Contrasts
The Gal Herself is a die-hard Chicago Cubs fan. I am not much of a sports fan, but I consider myself a White Sox fan out of loyalty to my dad, who is definitely a true-blue White Sox fan. 

I have a dog, and she has cats. I did have a cat before, but I don't know if she has ever had a dog. 

I have a tattoo, but no piercings. She has pierced ears, but no tattoos. 

She is independent, owns her home, and supports herself. I am more or less dependent on family. 

So there you go... two Chicago girls-turned-bloggers, alike in some ways and different in some ways. 

If you would like to participate in FlutistPride's challenge, you don't have to wait for someone to nominate you. You can just do it. Here are the rules:

 Challenge Rules:
  • Do not compare and contrast yourself with yourself. That defeats the purpose of this challenge.
  • You are not limited in your amount of comparing and contrasting, but please keep your post coherent and readable.
  • Link to the blogger you intend to take the compare and contrast challenge.
  • The challenged blogger must be informed via comment section or E-mail order to be obligated to post. If they explicitly decline, they are no longer obligated to participate.
  • Do not vex anyone who declines.
  • The Compare and Contrast Challenge is not intended to be demeaning to any party. Do not use belittling remarks, even if they are jokes. Save your viewers the headache of trying to read your intentions through a screen.
  • There is no particular timeframe the challenge should take place in.
  • Let the other blogger know you compared and contrasted yourself to them. Invite this person to challenge others.
  • Tag your post Compare and Contrast Challenge if you are participating or challenging someone else.
  • No one has to challenge you in order to participate.
I liked that challenge! I can't wait to read some more by other people. If you take the challenge, let me know!


4 comments :

  1. Thank you for considering me! I'm very flattered that you read my blog so closely, because you write well and I guess you'd get bored with my musings if you didn't think I did, too! I will do this challenge, but not until next week. (As you know, birthday stuff ...) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for participating and challenging someone else. I feel that this will be a successful challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That seems like a fun activity.. i think I should try it too..
    Loved reading your analysis :)

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look! I compared/contrasted myself with Kwizgiver

    http://onegalsmusings.blogspot.com/2015/11/compare-and-contrast-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!