Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Monday, November 16, 2015

Bullying Is Bad!

This week is some sort of anti-bullying week. I am not sure which one. I had it on my editorial calendar (because I have an editorial calendar now because I am an awesome blogger) as National Bullying Prevention Week. But I have no idea where I got that exact phrase and date combination. There are definitely at least anti-bullying events going on this week that I can share with you.  Let's see.

National Bullying Awareness Week is this week, actually starting yesterday, November 15-21. It is apparently mostly celebrated in Canada. The motto is "Be kind. Be inclusive. Be respectful." There are events in Canada throughout the week, focusing on youth engagement, bullying in schools, bullying in the workplace, cyberbullying, promoting supportive communities, and gay/straight alliance.

Anti-Bullying Week takes place in England, with the theme of, "Make a noise about bullying!" They have a Youtube channel called Bully Box TV, about dealing with and preventing bullying, from childhood through adulthood.

A few years ago, after hearing several stories about children attempting suicide after being bullied, I made two cartoons about bullying. I used GoAnimate. They are kind of corny, but they have a good message. I thought I'd post them here for your enjoyment!

You Look Like A Parrot by Nicki Mann on GoAnimate

Nobody Talk To Hannah by Nicki Mann on GoAnimate

Nothing good ever comes of bullying. Later in the week I will post more about my thoughts on bullying. But for now, I hope you enjoy these videos!

1 comment :

  1. I abhor bullying. Temperament cannot justify bullying. (I am an ENTJ, which some people would call the "bully MBTI", but an ENTJ is more likely to stand up than sit idle.)

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!