Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Autistics Speaking Day!

Today is Autistics Speaking Day! This is not quite a well-known day yet, but it was created in response to a day some other people started called "Social Media Shutdown Day." For that event, people were supposed to stay off of all of their social media, as a way of demonstrating what it would feel like to be unable to communicate, as many people with autism have trouble communicating verbally. Some people didn't like that idea, and thought that instead, we should flood the internet with autistic people communicating in any way that they are able!

I have been working all week on this video which is about autism from my point of view. Let me know what you think. (I actually wanted to post this this morning, but it LITERALLY took me 13 hours to load it on YouTube! Ugh!)



6 comments :

  1. Hi Nicki, I think it's great that you made a video. I never heard of Autism Speaks Day but it's a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I also feel like I am between worlds...I was unable to watch all of the video due to time constraints but watched the beg, middle and end...this must have taken a lot of work!!! thank you for all your effort! I really could relate to things you said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cousin is autistic and it took us sometime to fully understand what was happening, since we did not know much about it. I can completely understand everything you were saying. And if I had known about autism speaks day, I would have stayed off the internet. Stay true to who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get a chance to watch the whole video yet, but even the beginning was informative for me. I had no idea that it was more common for women to not be diagnosed until later in life. I think it's great that you made this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea where it makes autism something to see and discuss on platforms, and this video is something you obviously put a lot of thought and effort into really helping give an inside view of a world many may not intersect with knowingly. Thanks for sharing with the world and your patience despite Youtube being a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I participated in ASDay for the first time this month. I did it somehow without any words.

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!