Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Monday, November 9, 2015

A Few Changes And Announcements.

Hi again! We interrupt your regularly scheduled blog reading to bring you a few announcements.

First and foremost, I wanted to let you know about Simplify The Season. Beth, who has a life coaching business and a self-help blog\, has organized a special project around the holiday season for the last few years. She creates an email subscription where, beginning during Thanksgiving week and continuing throughout the holiday season, subscribers get daily articles on how to simplify the holiday season and enrich their lives. She asks subscribers to pay $2.00 for the service. The money collected is used to fund a Kiva loan.  Kiva makes loans to entrepreneurs in third world countries, so that they can improve their own lives as well as help their country. Kiva will keep Beth updated on the person our donation helps, and Beth, in turn, will update us via her blog.

This year, I was asked to be one of the bloggers who will contribute to the email subscription. I wrote an article about how to include people with autism and other sensory processing needs in their holiday celebrations, in a way that makes the autistic person feel welcome and comfortable. This article will not appear in my blog at all, and will only be seen by people who order the subscription.

So, if you'd like to shell out a whopping $2.00, you can click here to order it. The Paypal page will ask for a "donation amount." $2.00 is the requested donation, but feel free to make a larger donation if you're feeling charitable! Be sure to include your email address on the form, so that Beth can add you to the list of subscribers.
 Simplify the Season Calendar

Next, I wanted to point out a few changes on this blog! I was trying to make it look a little more organized and less overwhelming. I'm just the kind of person who likes a lot of colors and things to look at, so it may always be a little overwhelming to some people... but I've tried to straighten it out a little. For instance, all of the badges I had for different sites I belong to (BloggerBabes, Sverve, etc) are now on their own page, which you can find in the tabs, labeled "Badges and stuff."

All of my social networking links, such as Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, can be found under the tab "Connect With Me."

I also made a Media Kit, which can be found under the tab entitled, obviously, "Media Kit."

Finally, all of the rest of my widgets are on the left two sidebars. Except for the blogroll of bloggers with autism, which is now on the right sidebar. I wanted to give that blogroll it's own page, or put it on the "Learn About Autism/Aspergers" page, but I cannot, for the life of me, manage to do it!

Let me know what you think of the changes! Better, or worse? I want to know!

Okay, that is all. I'm going to bed now.

No comments :

Post a Comment

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!