Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Two Quick Things

Hi everyone! ESPECIALLY THOSE OF YOU FROM THE SPECIAL NEEDS WEEKEND BLOGGER LINK-UP! YOU GUYS ARE A QUIET BUNCH... I KNOW YOU'RE HERE BECAUSE OF MY STATISTICS! PLEASE SAY HELLO!!!

As I spent most of today sleeping and reading and snuggling with my dog, I don't have a lot of new things to write about. However, I did want to share two quick things that are about this blog.

First of all, I've been trying to compile a list of all of the blogs I can find that are written by a blogger who is autistic/has autism. (I'm saying it both ways because everyone seems to have a strong preference and I don't want to piss anyone off.) You can see it on the right sidebar, just underneath the Twitter picture. It shows the ten most recently updated blogs, but at the bottom there is a link that says "view all" where you can see all of them that I've got listed. I think there are about 38 now. If you know of any that are not listed, and you think they should be, be sure to let me know!

I do want to make a similar list of blogs written by adults with ADHD, but I haven't been able to find many of those. This may be because people with ADHD tend to lose interest pretty quickly! (Myself included... I tend to throw myself all the way into projects, become obsessed with them, and then burn out and abandon them. It is a miracle I've been blogging here for more than two years now!)

Second of all... I just read about Autistics Speaking Day. It is a day about letting autistic people have their voices heard. And by "voices," they mean any way a person has of communicating... just, really, having their point of view paid attention to. It was created in response to another event that was meant to raise awareness of autism... Communication ShutDown. For that event, people were encouraged to stay off of Facebook and Twitter for the day, to simulate what it might feel like to have autism, since many people with autism have trouble communicating, including many who cannot speak. The people who started Autistics Speaking Day thought that Communication ShutDown wasn't that great of an idea, first of all because logging off of a social media site is not quite the same as being unable to communicate your needs, thoughts and feelings at all. Instead, they created an event where the idea was for the Internet to be crawling with posts by people with autism. There are, of course, lots of autistic people who cannot or do not use the Internet. But there are also lots of autistic people for whom the Internet has opened up many doors for communication that we never had before. There are blogs, there are message boards, there are Facebook groups, and so much more. Through the Internet, many of us who grew up feeling isolated and different... like aliens... have been able to reach out and find each other.

So anyways... I want to participate in Autistics Speaking Day, but I am not sure how. Since I have this blog, I am pretty much communicating on a regular basis anyways, so I thought I should write about something specific. And now I am asking you... what would you like to read about on Autistics Speaking Day? What should I speak about?

Please let me know in the comments. And please know that I do read and love all of your comments. I try to reply when I can, but a lot of you are "no-reply" bloggers, meaning that when I get your comments in my email, they don't have your email address so I cannot reply. Sometimes I do reply in the comments, but I am never sure if you will actually come back to see it. So don't think I'm ignoring you! I love to read what you have to say!

3 comments :

  1. Speak about autism and temperament theory. You choose the temperament theory:
    -Four Temperaments
    -Five Temperaments
    -Keirsey Types
    -MBTIs
    -LaHaye Blends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say thank you for linking to my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your side blog roll because I am not really as connected as i would like...will be checking those out! I also have add...would love to hear your thoughts on how that and autism collide in a girls narrative as most of the stuff I have read is from a guys and can sometimes differ in manifestation.

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!