Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Right Now

Hi everyone! I've been wracking my brain trying to think of something to write about today, but nothing has come to mind... it has been a dull couple of days.
One of the things I've been learning in DBT is being mindful, which means being in the moment, instead of thinking of the past or the future. It means not even thinking about what happened five minutes ago or what will happen in one hour... just thinking about RIGHT NOW. We did this in DBT group, and it was sort of hard for me to do it there because I have such a hard time sitting still and the deep breaths part makes me feel like I'm going to hyperventilate. But I often try this at night, when I'm trying to fall asleep but my mind is racing. I thought I'd try it right now, just for fun.

I see... my computer.
I see... my shoes on the floor. 
I see... my reflection in the window.

I see... the night light my brother gave me for my birthday one year.
I see... my little dog asleep in her sunshine bed.

I hear... the fish tank filter gurgling.
I hear... the sound of my fingers typing on the keys.
I hear... somebody snoring.
I hear... cars on the highway.
I hear... my stomach growling.

I taste... pumpkin seeds.

I smell... the smell of my house.

I feel... my feet resting against the legs of my chair.
I feel... tears in my eyes.
I feel... my chapped lips. 
I feel... my nose breathing dry air.
I feel... my soft sweater.

I think... about the fun time I had at my art class and cooking class today.
I think... I don't have to work tomorrow.
I think... I love my dogs, cats, and fish.
I think... I have to clean my room.
I think... I am going to sleep.

No comments :

Post a Comment

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!