Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Cool Way To Keep Your Favorite Old T-Shirts

Hi everyone! I've been wanting to post this for a while, but I just haven't been in the right mood until now. I thought it was about time for a more cheerful post. So, enjoy this!

I really love T-shirts and I have a large collection of them back in Chicago. Over the years, some of my favorite T-shirts have gotten stained or faded. And about six years ago, a bunch of them acquired a ton of tiny little holes. (This was about the same time that I acquired a tiny little puppy who liked to chew on my shirt while I was holding her!) I didn't have the heart to throw them away, but I also didn't want to wear a T-shirt with holes in compromising places. 

And then... it came to me! I decided I could turn my old T-shirts into displayable works of art! Here's how I did it. (This is totally Pinterest worthy!) 

I had two art canvasses around from back when I took a painting class. I got out one of the canvasses, and also found my Mod Podge and a paint brush. 

First, I painted a layer of Mod Podge over the canvas. 
Next, I put the canvas inside the T-shirt, as if the canvas was wearing the shirt. 


The next step was to paint the front of the shirt with Mod Podge. The cotton shirt soaked up the Mod Podge, so I added several layers, waiting for each layer to dry before I added another layer.

Then I just trimmed the T-shirt around the edges of the canvas. I just realized I don't have a picture of the final product (and I left it in Chicago so I can't even take one right now) but this is very close to what it looked like in the end. All I did after this was use more Mod Podge to paste the edges down to the sides of the canvas. I also painted one more layer of a different, glossy Mod Podge, to make it look a little shiny like a painting. 

And there you have it! I turned my T-shirt into a work of art that I can hang on my living room wall... some day when I have a living room and some walls.

I really love Mod Podge! They are not paying me to say that. Although, if anyone from the Mod Podge company wants to send me some free Mod Podge, I wouldn't argue with them! I have another Mod Podge project that I will post about next week.  

What do you like to do with Mod Podge?



4 comments :

  1. OMG I so love it. I don't even know what modge podge is but I will find out right now! Your shirt and your canvas is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a high school art teacher, we used Modge Podge to make transparent collages with tissue paper on boards coated with gesso. Very pretty effects.
    I like your t-shirt idea!

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!