Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

September Is Here

Hi everyone! I'm trying to keep blogging every few days, although today I have to admit my heart is not really in it. I spent today at the hospital with my family member while she underwent some testing... they know for sure that she has bone cancer, but they are just not sure how bad yet. I guess we will find out next week, but by then I will be back in Washington! 

I spent most of the time just sitting in the waiting room because I couldn't go in while they were actually testing. After the tests were over, we did get to have some fun... we went to the French Market. This place is really cool. You have to go down into a tunnel that is underneath the train station! Once you go down there, you see several stores, and one of them is the French Market. It looks from the outside like it is just a small little store, but inside it is huge, and they are selling all different kinds of foods from all different countries and cultures! We got some gelato (my flavor was blueberry french toast!) and then we went upstairs and caught the train. I felt like I had just discovered a secret world! 

So that part was fun. But weighing heavily on my mind was the fact that she has cancer in the first place. And that anything can happen. I keep starting to say a prayer, but then I remember how hard I prayed for Ken to be okay, while he was in a coma, and how he died anyways, and then I realized that whether she gets better or worse has nothing to do with how hard I or anyone else prays. What is going to happen is going to happen. That is terrifying to me!

The good news is that Ken's dog Nevis has found a home. One of Ken's good friends was the lady who owns all the goats that I went to see one day. She also owns 4 dogs already, including a border collie. She and Ken both sent their border collies to doggie day care once a week, and they took turns shuttling the dogs back and forth. The dogs spent a lot of time at each other's houses, and this was where Nevis has been staying since Ken went into the hospital. Her husband thought they shouldn't keep Nevis, because they already have 4 dogs and 11 goats. But finally, last night, they decided that they could keep him. So now at least I don't have to worry about that!

It is still hard to think about Ken being gone. I am starting to have a theory that the world is ending.

It is hard to think about going back to Washington in a few days. I do want to go back and I miss everyone and everything there. But it has felt so normal to be back. And although I will be back for Thanksgiving, in light of recent circumstances I am always afraid that when I leave someone it might be the last time I see them! 

Here is a picture (alienized) of Ken and Nevis, on one of our group hikes a few months ago. 

Okay, thats it for now! Over and out!

1 comment :

  1. Good luck with your family member.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!