Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Friday, August 21, 2015

Hard To Believe

So I am getting ready to go out to Chicago for a visit with my family. And it is the weirdest thing... I am actually a little sad to leave here! Just the way I would be, back in Chicago, when I was getting ready to come visit (and eventually move) out here.

Its weird because I really, really, really do want to go see my parents and grandparents and everyone, and I've been looking forward to it since the last time I saw my parents at the beginning of June. I've even been counting down with a paper chain in my room! And I know that, at the end of this visit, I am probably going to be a wreck when I have to say goodbye to my parents again. But as for coming back here, to Washington, I think I will be happy! I like being able to hike every day, even being able to go for a walk by myself if I want to without having to be too paranoid about getting mugged or something. I like the small town feeling and the calm, happy atmosphere that most of the people around here have. And I especially like the river!

I haven't gotten enough chances to go to the river this summer, since I was often exhausted after work. It is really less than five minutes from where I'm staying, and Lily loves it there too! She was afraid of the water when we first moved here, but now she plays happily. (Except when a boat goes by. She hates the waves. I guess I would too, if I were eight inches tall!)

When I get back here, my next goal (besides the obvious one of finding my next job, which I still haven't accomplished) will be to get out a little more and make some friends. I can go to Meetups and stuff, but even just relaxing down by the river with my dog is a good way to meet people. People with dogs! A lot of the time this summer, I just let the house swallow me up whenever I get home from work, and I don't want to leave any more than I have to. On a weekend, even a trip to the library can be stressful for me because I have to tear myself away from home! Lily coming with does help. Except when we're in the library, she's not very patient, and doesn't understand why I keep walking back and forth among the shelves.

I really don't have much to say in this post. And I probably won't be able to post again at least until Monday or Tuesday, because I am getting a new computer, which is being shipped out there, so I am leaving my old computer here and then bringing the new one back with me. But when I do get a chance to post, one thing I'll want to do is give a report on my experience flying with a psychiatric service dog. So you have that to look forward to.

In the mean time, here are a few pictures. Here is me saying goodbye to my friends who are ducks. When I get back from Chicago, they are going to be bigger than Lily.

Here;s one of Lily in her new sunshine bed. I kept seeing this bed in the Petsmart every time I went there, and I wanted it so bad, especially since Lily is always comandeering the cats' bed. I thought she would like a little bed of her own, even though she sleeps in my bed most of the time at night. It was $20 and I wasn't sure I should spend the money. But finally I did! Lily knew it was hers right away. She pawed at it and even picked it up in her mouth and pulled it around a little, and then looked at me and wagged her tail. And now she spends a lot of time just chillin' in it, like this. 

And finally, here is a picture of Lily this morning when I took her to say goodbye to the river. It has been so crowded all summer because it has been so hot, but it was cooler out today and we had it mostly to ourselves. We just walked along in the water and Lily splashed around happily. She's going to be bored in Chicago! (It is hard to tell that she is in water, but ust trust me on this one. You can kind of see the ripples in the water, and the browner section where the sand begins, can't you?

Okay, I will leave you with that. See you soon!

2 comments :

  1. Loved seeing the pictures of Lily, and I am so glad you have both adjusted to your new life so well. You helped each other.
    I was surprised to read that dogs are allowed inside libraries in Washington! I don't see anything wrong with it, if they're well behaved, but it's not allowed here. I think they have enough issues with unruly kids!
    Enjoy your trip back home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've taken such important steps toward personal development and independence. You should be really proud.

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!