Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Its Getting Closer!

One of the mandalas I colored in my book!
It is getting closer and closer to my move date! Although right now I am still thinking of it as a temporary move with the possibility of becoming long term. Realizing that I will be back in June, at least for a visit, has really been helping me ward off a lot of my potential anxiety! 

I haven't blogged for a while because I've been busy tying up all of the loose ends. I took as many subbing jobs as I could in the last two weeks so that I will be able to have a few paychecks coming to me! I took my car in to the mechanic for a trip check and got a clean bill of health, took it for it's mandatory emissions test, and paid my vehicle registration so that I won't get pulled over on my way to Oregon! I cleaned out my car and packed my clothes in garbage bags so that they will fit in the trunk and back seat. I cut my small dog's toenails and made plans to take her to the clinic to get her caught up on her immunizations. I went to equine therapy for what will be the last time at least until summer. 

I also did something you might find odd. When I was younger... and I don't mean younger like a small child, but younger like 21... I used to love to color. I always had a large box of crayons and a coloring book, and when I was bored I would color. It was fun and relaxing. But my mom used to get irritable when she saw me coloring, because she thought it was childish and a waste of time, so I stopped.

Recently I went online and ordered some coloring books! Not just any ordinary coloring books... they are actually meant for adults or older kids, and have colorful and complicated designs instead of simple pictures. I also bought a 120 box of crayons! I love being able to smell the crayons, being able to arrange them by color in the little boxes, and of course the coloring part! Getting crayons and coloring books was a silly treat I gave myself. 
My 120 crayons sorted by color!


Here are some things I am looking forward to...
- Getting to see my Auntie Em and Uncle J, and also getting to spend time with my cousin BT and his new husband before they move to Ecuador, and getting to see a lot of my other cousins at the wedding who I never, ever see!
- Going to some of the fun things I've found out about, like hula hoop lessons, drum circles, the autism camp I told you about earlier, etc.
- Hiking and teaching tiny Lily to hike! 
- Getting to see my Bro and Sunny and Squeak!

Here are some of the things I am going to miss until I come back to Chicago...
- Going to places spontaneously with my mom such as the grocery store.
- Zombie running with my mom. 
- Trixie sleeping in my bed. 
-Watching TV with my parents. 
- The familiar way my house smells and looks and sounds.
- The ghost that lives in my house. 
- Being able to go visit my grandparents or my little cousins.
- Trixie Trixie Trixie! Leaving her is really the worst part. I feel like I am screwing up her whole world by leaving and taking Lily with me... she will feel like we abandoned her! That part is what makes me want to cry. I can always call or text my parents, but in Trixie's mind I will have just disappeared. Any ideas on how to help a dog through a life change like this?

The sound of the computer keys is really bothering my ears for some reason right now. I usually like it but my ears must be sensitive today. So I am going to stop typing for now! But I do want to say one more thing... don't forget to go take my blogaversary survey! I still need 13 more responses before I can publish the results. It is taking a lot longer to get responses this year, which I think has something to do with Facebook not giving everyone the feeds the way it used to... they want you to pay to "promote" your posts. 

Okay, over and out for now! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!