Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

What I Did Over My Christmas Vacation, by Angel the Alien

Now that it is January 6, and I haven't written an actual post for a while, I thought I might as well write about all of the stuff I did over my Christmas vacation! 
The fun started on Christmas Eve, when Bro and Sunny and Squeak arrived in Chicago. They were supposed to get there two days earlier, but their flight got cancelled. It was the flight out of their small town that was cancelled, so they had to wait two days just to get another flight, out of a different small-town airport a few hours away. They arrived at 5 am on Christmas Eve, and got to have a few hours of sleep before our grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins showed up. It was a fun and low-key celebration, with everyone marveling at little Squeak! He's 19 months old, and a very happy, smiley, engaging toddler. He also has a great throwing arm and we're pretty sure he has a bright future as an athlete! He loves any type of ball, and our living room was quickly filled with any type or size of ball we could scrounge up, for Squeak's throwing pleasure! 
Christmas Day was spent with us just lounging around the house, opening presents from each other and eating food and just hanging out. Then we went over to my grandparents' house in the afternoon so that my grandparents could spend some more time with Squeak! They are in their 80's and can't really travel, so the only time they get to see Squeak is when Bro and Sunny come to Chicago, which so far is only at Christmas. So we were trying to give them as much time as possible with him!
The next few days were also spent just lounging around. Over the weekend Bro and Sunny rented a house in the city, and I got to go stay there with them! We spent some time roaming around in the city, hung out at the house playing with Squeak, and then after Squeak went to bed we stayed up late playing Bananagrams and soaking in the hot tub! 
Me and Sunny in front of a building

Me and Sunny, with Squeak on her back, in front of an art gallery!

We spent most of the next day at the Field Museum, which was really cool. And that night, we had fun playing 90s Trivia Pursuit and hanging out in the hot tub again!
Me and Bro in front of some totem poles
Part of the Voudou exhibit at the Field Museum

Me taking a picture in a mirror in the Voudou exhibit! It is not a great picture. Also you were not supposed to use flash, and I thought my flash was off, but clearly it was on! 

We spent more time just lounging around the house at home. Mostly when Squeak was awake, we all played with him, and when he went to bed we spent a lot of time playing Wii in the basement! This included New Years Eve. It was one of the best ever for me, because usually I am just sitting at home with my dogs while my parents are out at parties. We had a big dinner and then spent most of the evening playing Wii!
On New Years Day we took Squeak over to my grandparents' house one more time, and then drove through the Cuneo Museum light show. It is this Christmas light display that you can drive through. I didn't take any pictures because we were driving, but here is a photo I found online of one of the displays, to give you the idea! Unfortunately, this is the last year they are going to have it, because some meany has bought the property and is going to use it to build condos on. 

After that we went out for Chinese food. The only bad part there was that I ordered egg drop soup, and when you get soup they give you this big glass soup spoon, I was happily eating my soup, when I noticed what looked like blood on the spoon. Then I realized my lip was bleeding! The soup spoon had a chip in it, and it had cut my lip! My mom told the waitress, and she got her boss and they were both very upset and apologized a million times. But I couldn't finish my soup, because I was bleeding too much!

January 3 was the day that they were scheduled to leave. On January 2 I was really hoping we could do something fun as a family one more time. I thought of the children's museum, but when we went there there was a line out the door and it just seemed far too crowded to navigate with a 19-month-old. Then I thought of a near by nature center that has a really cool play area for kids with a treehouse and stuff... but when we got there we found out that it is closed on Fridays!!! I was starting to feel sad that nothing I thought of was working out. But there were some animals in cages outside that we enjoyed looking at, so it turned out somewhat okay. 

By that evening I was starting to panic. Goodbyes are very hard for me. Last year when Bro, Sunny and Squeak left after the holidays, I went into a bad depression episode! I think the fear of having another episode was actually worse than what the depression itself would have been. So I did something I wouldn't necessarily recommend trying at home, but it worked for me. I took an extra dose of my Celexa that evening, and in the morning I took a double dose of my Wellbutrin as well! Somehow it was enough to fend off the extra oncoming depression. I was still really sad, but not overwhelmingly so. It did not bring me to my knees in pain, like usual. I was able to enjoy playing with Squeak for the last few hours, ride to the airport with them, say goodbye without having a panic attack, and then spend the rest of the day helping put away the Christmas decorations and playing Wii by myself. I miss them so much though!

I feel like I really need to have all of the people I love to be near me, and I'm never going to have that. If I move to Oregon I will be closer to my aunt and uncle, and to Bro and Sunny and Squeak, but far from my parents, grandparents, and younger cousins. I wish everyone could be together!

Anyways, thanks for reading this very exciting post! 



My book With Love, From Angel is now officially available, and you can get it in a multitude of ways!

The full-color version is available on CreateSpace for $20, or Amazon for $18. You can also get it on Kindle for $7.00. But if you buy the hard copy on Amazon
, you can also have the Kindle version for free!

The black-and-white version is available on Createspacefor $10, or Amazon for $9.00.

1 comment :

  1. Sounds like it was a perfect holiday season for you! Glad you had so much fun and time with your family.

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!