Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Please Excuse The Delay

Hi everyone! I was hoping to have the book I'm working on ready by, um, two days ago, so it would be around in time for Christmas. Unfortunately, some complications have come up, both with the book (I like to write in different colors, but the bright pink ink I used on some of the pages does not translate to a scanned version) and in my personal life (I recently went through a traumatizing experience that, even though it only lasted about five minutes, was really upsetting to me and has been replaying in my head over and over ever since. I will write about it eventually, but because it involves my family, I just need some time to process it. A few days or weeks or something.)

So... I'm going to set a new date for the book, and maybe even add some more chapters to it! Here are the chapters I have so far: What I Wish People Knew About Autism, Aspergers In Females, My Answers To Things People Say About ADHD, Bullying, Responding to Bullying, What NOT To say To Someone With ADHD, Autism, Learning Disabilities, Mental Health Conditions, etc, Why Bother Getting DIagnosed, To Med Or Not To Med, Most Important Advice, and a quiz at the end. 

Please let me know if you have other ideas that you think belong in this book! So far it is only 70 pages (which feels a lot longer when you are writing it longhand!) so I'd like to beef it up a little as long as I'm taking some extra time with it! 

If anyone is interested in previewing what I have so far and letting me know which parts suck the most, I would be happy to send you the PDF file! 

In the mean time... I am going to take a short nap, as I am not feeling particularly well today. Goodnight!

8 comments :

  1. Oh, Angel. I hope you are doing okay. I love that you are writing this book. Love it! Take your time and make it the way you want it to be! Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am doing okay now. And the book is about ready to be published. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  2. I hope that everything is okay and have fun writing that book!! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is finished, and about to be published!

      Delete
  3. So sorry to read that you've had a traumatizing experience! I hope you're okay and think you should take your time with your book. It's going to be wonderful even if it's not in time for the holidays! Your topics sound perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am okay now, AND my book should be ready in a few days! Not in time for anyone else to buy it for Christmas, but at least in time for me to know it was finished before the end of 2014!

      Delete
  4. I love that you are writing your way through the trauma. You are so good with words. I think it's natural and healthy that they come to your rescue.

    I have something you may wish to add -- how do people with adhd feel about being discussed. I have two friends who have high school aged kids with adhd and these moms are very open in sharing their kids victories and setbacks. I wonder how the kids feel about it. Do you suppose it feels like an invasion of privacy? Or does it make them feel as though their condition is nothing to hide?

    If I don't get a chance to talk to you, Merry Christmas. I'm always happy when you visit my blog and wish you all good things for 2015.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question! I guess it depends on the individual kid. I have known some kids who are sort of proud of their ADHD... either they think it is "badass," or they just like being different and a little goofy, or they are just proud of how hard they're working to get through things. Other kids are sort of embarrassed of it and want to be "like everyone else," although nobody else is really that much like everyone else anyways! My parents did not know that I had ADHD when I was a kid, so when they were talking about me it was usually either because they were making stuff up to make me sound normal, or they were complaining about me!
      I guess parents should maybe ask their high school kids how they feel about it. But I think many high schoolers would say that they don't want their parents talking about them at all to anyone, even if they don't have ADHD!

      Delete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!