Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New News For An Old Year

HI everyone! I'm finally getting around to posting, in time for the last day of 2014! I have got lots of news for today!

First of all, my book With Love, From Angel is now officially available, and you can get it in a multitude of ways!

The full-color version is available on CreateSpace for $20, or Amazon for $18. You can also get it on Kindle for $7.00. But if you buy the hard copy on Amazon, you can also have the Kindle version for free!

The black-and-white version is available on Createspace for $10, or Amazon for $9.00.

If you buy it, let me know what you think of it!

I am also getting ready to start on my new book project, Our Amazing Brains. It is going to be by, about and for kids whose brains work in unique ways! I am hoping to find kids of all ages, who are either diagnosed with something like autism or ADHD, or who are undiagnosed but have minds that work a little differently than most. To participate, kids have to answer some questions about themselves (their parents can help as much as needed), add a photo or drawing of themselves, and show something special that they enjoy doing (it could be a photo of something such as a jigsaw puzzle or block tower that they've worked on, artwork they've created, a story they've written, photo of pets they take care of, a description of a hobby, etc. The sky is the limit.) I am hoping to be able to give each child a copy of the book, and if I make additional royalties somehow I am going to look for a way that I can share it with all of the young contributors. If you know of a kid that would fit well in this project, click the link!

In a rush of other news... Bro, Sunny and Squeak have been visiting! They got here on Christmas Eve, and are staying until January 3. We've been having a lot of fun! They've mostly been staying at my parents' house, but they also rented an apartment in the city for a few days, and I got to stay there with them. We went to the Field Museum, hung out in the city, and spent time in the apartment soaking in the hot tub and playing board games. (Bananagrams is my new favorite!)

I also got a haircut right before Christmas. (My mom cut it.) Here is a picture of my new haircut, and also wearing the new very colorful sweatshirt I got for Christmas that I have been wearing every day since!


So, 2014 seems to be ending pretty well for me. It will be interesting to see what 2015 will bring. Doesn't that sound so futuristic?

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you party hearty!




New Year Graphics


3 comments :

  1. Love your new sweatshirt! And congratulations on completing your book. I think your plan to include children's individual experiences in your new effort will be much appreciated. What a thrill for them to be included - and such a nice way to acknowledge their value in a world that doesn't always have time or patience for every child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your haircut! And happy 2015! I can't believe time is going by this quickly! Sorry I haven't been on much lately. We're getting ready to move (but we don't have a house chosen or a move date, so this should be fun...lol), so I've been busy trying to get this house somewhat ready for an inspection. I'm interested to hear what this year holds for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!