Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

What's Your Personality?

Still not feeling so well today, and slept most of the day. I hope I feel better tomorrow because I have a subbing job! 

So, I decided to take some online personality tests for fun and amusement. I've taken the Myers-Briggs test before, but I found a bunch more online. I thought I would show them to you, and maybe you'd want to take them too!

I started out with one I found here that is meant to help you figure out what kind of career would be best for you. It gives you 24 statements, and you say how much interest you have in them... none, mild, definite, or strong interest. My top result was: Supporting people: Your ideal work is mainly about working with people, with their wellbeing and development as the main focus of your work. Example jobs include: teacher, life coach, therapist, nurse, learning and development, or career coach. Well, at least they got the teacher part right! You can take the test for yourself here. 

Next I tried a personality test at PsychCentral. This one has fifty questions, which you answer with Yes, No and Maybe. My top three personality traits were: Agreeable (This trait reflects how we tend to interact with others, especially in terms of our altrusim and friendliness. People who score higher in agreeableness tend to be more trusting, friendly and cooperative than others. People who score lower tend to be more aggressive and less cooperative), Openness to experience (his trait reflects a person's open-mindedness, and interest in culture and art. People who score high on this trait tend to be imaginative, creative, and to seek out cultural and educational experiences. People who score lower on this trait tend to be more down-to-earth, less interested in art and more practical in nature), and Neuroticism (This trait reflects the tendency for a person to experience negative thoughts and feelings. People who score high on this trait tend to be more prone to insecurity and emotional distress. People who score lower tend to be more relaxed, less emotional and less prone to distress.) I have to admit, that one probably describes me very well! You can take that one here. 

I took the VisualDNA test. It was really long, but it was kind of fun because you had to choose a picture for every question they asked. It gave me a whole page of information. It said I'm a seeker (You’re open to new things, and can be persuaded to try anything twice, all in the name of experience of course. We’ve got you down as a bit of a dreamer, you’re probably zoning out right now), It said I depend on my friends and family, and whenever I feel a little lost I wander back to the fold. It also said I'm a bit emo. 

My very favorite part of the results for this test? They told me, "You have the ability of a dolphin but the attention span of a newt." HAHAHAHAHA! Well, they got me! 

I think this was my favorite of the tests I took. They even recommend books for each aspect of your personality test! You should totally try it. 

Well. I have to go get some sleep now so I can attempt to go to work tomorrow. There are a ton more personality tests out there... maybe I'll take some more later! If you take any, let me know your results!

Me








1 comment :

  1. Haha I love the comment about "the ability of a dolphin and attention span of a newt". Interesting post, I had no idea these tests existed. Also: the autumn background and header are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!