Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Sometimes I Dream Big

Well I guess I failed at NaBloPoMo, but oh well... I did pretty good! I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving! 

I've been waiting all day to write about this dream I had last night. I dreamed that I started this learning center type place for neurologically diverse kids and their families. There was a preschool program, a tutoring program for older kids, afterschool clubs, respite care, and other cool stuff. 

It could be just a dream. But several years ago (which was actually just last summer, I just realized, but time is weird in my brain) my sister-in-law Sunny had a dream that she opened a resale store in her town and became very successful at it. She kept thinking about it, and she talked about it to some people, and within less than a year, her resale store became a reality! Some people expected the store to fail, but it has been open for 5 months and is thriving. 

So maybe my dream could thrive too! I know I actually thought of something like this before and even blogged about it maybe, but this new version seems a little more reasonable and possible. It seems really cool to me because I'd be doing what I love... teaching, and helping kids enjoy learning... without having to follow a lot of the strict rules that come with teaching in actual schools. It would be more about helping kids explore and discover and grow, and less about test scores and standards and curriculum. 

I've always heard that it is a good idea to visualize something you want, and even think of it as if it is already a reality. So I actually made a website for it, as if it was an existing organization (but without an address, phone number and other stuff... I don't want people to actually start signing up for it or something, until it actually exists!) The last page on the site is a poll you can take. If you want to visit my site and read all about my dream as if it were reality, check out Over The Rainbow

Okay, that is all I have for now. 

9 comments :

  1. I love it Angel. It's so you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have definitely had dreams before that just lingered with me and I kept coming back to them. Think about this one...could be your calling!-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have already started doing some research into it! It would be a real dream come true!

      Delete
  3. You. Are. Awesome. Please consider doing this. There are not enough places for kids like mine to go. You could have social groups, field trips... all sorts of awesome stuff!! I vote yes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do want to! I am already looking into how I could get licensed to have a business like this, and it seems pretty simple... it will just be a matter of saving up enough money to start it up! It would be a dream come true in so many ways!

      Delete
  4. Hey Angel! That is a GREAT idea! And if you have enough time and money and a space open near by, you can do that! I think you are able to do this. I think you are smart and I think you would be great at doing this! Follow your dreams and they may come true! Unless you're dream are about becoming a super hero - you can't become a super hero. I'm kinda sad about that. I really wanna be one. And I'd be a good guy! Salute! Your friend, Willbill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think maybe you could be a super hero... even if you won't have the usual super powers like being able to fly or having X-ray vision. People like Superman can do great things easily because they have all those powers. But if ordinary humans do great things, and they have to try really hard to do it, out of the goodness of their heart... that is even more SUPER!

      Delete
    2. That's kinda nice! Same to you! Merry Christmas and have a happy New Year!

      Your friend, Willbill

      Delete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!