Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Monday, November 24, 2014

Somebody Get Me This For Christmas!

For some reason, one of the all-time most popular posts on this blog is this one, on which I posted about some of the items I remember having in childhood. One of the things I talked about was my Colecovision, the pre-Nintendo game console that my brother and I used to play video games on.

So, I was shopping with my mom yesterday, and look what I saw in the store! (And by the way, this is not a sponsored post. I wish it was, so they would send me one of these!)
They are apparently selling all sorts of consoles that we children of the 80's remember fondly. They have Sega (actually that came along a little later than the others), Intellivision, and Atari.

My aunt and uncle are 8 and 6 years older than me, and they are the ones that taught my brother and I to play video games. I can't remember what they had at their house... my mom says it was Atari, but I seem to think it was Intellivision. Anyways I have really great memories of the four of us sitting on the floor in the family room at my grandparents' house taking turns with the controller With both Coleco and the other console, a lot of the games came with a little card that you slid into the controller, so you could see which buttons to push... for instance a baseball game would have buttons for different kinds of swings and throws. I loved the feeling of pushing the buttons. For some reason it was really stimmy to me.

And at my grandparents' house my favorite game was this racehorse game, because all of the horses were a different color and the buttons on the controller card were different colors. I'm not sure I even understood how to play the game, but I just loved watching those colored horses! This is what it looked like. Awesome graphics, right?


We also used to play Pepper II (it was like Pacman), Smurfs, Centipede, Carnival, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Junior, and I seem to remember some sort of educational alphabet game of some sort.

I am so getting one of these, somehow or another! Somebody notify Santa Claus!

Well, I am not great at ending posts, so... I will just back away slowly.

No comments :

Post a Comment

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!