Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Thursday, November 13, 2014

I'm Getting Paid For This?

My cold is getting worse, and I really didn't want to go to my subbing job today. Even though it was only going to be for half a day. This morning I slept as late as I could, and then took some cold medicine and hoped for the best. 

I lucked out! When I got there, I found out that all I had to do was prep work! Basically the assistants at that school's preschool program take turns being in charge of getting everything ready for the next week's activities. So I got to spend the whole time cutting out shapes for the kids to do turkey-themed art projects! 

The best part was, I had to make an example for each art project. So I got to do little projects like this. 


When I first got there, they told me that it wasn't a big deal if I didn't get the whole week's worth of prep work done, and to just do what I could in the time I had before the end of the school day. But I got the entire week's worth of prep work finished, and then most of the next week's work too! I like doing that kind of thing. I always get done pretty fast.

I do like working with the kids, and I've subbed there a bunch of times so far during this school year, so I've started to get to know them and the staff members. But for today, when I wasn't feeling good at all, it was nice to be able to just sit by myself in the back of the room and work on this kind of thing!

I hope I feel better tomorrow. This is kind of a short post, because I just want to sleep. Good night! 

2 comments :

  1. As a former art teacher I can tell you that prep work is the most important part of any project . Clean up comes next - the "creative" part in the middle is, surprisingly, the least important!
    This is based on a scale that evaluates a teacher's sanity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to sit and make projects all day - what a blast! Sorry you were sick though and I really hope you're feeling better now!! The turkey with the leaves is so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!