Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Thursday, November 6, 2014

I've Got An Idea!

Lets see, what should I write about today? This is the wrong time in my life to be doing NaBloPoMo, because literally nothing new has been happening. I am in a rut. I am definitely not living life to the fullest right now. Is there a way to live life to the emptiest? That must be what I'm doing. I feel like I need something to get me excited. I am excited about moving to Oregon, but it seems so far away... although I do have another job interview scheduled for Monday!

I love building websites, and so I was thinking about maybe building a new website... maybe something about autism or neurodiversity. I've been thinking about London McCabe, and thought maybe about something that would bring hope to families.

I actually wrote all the way up to here a while ago, and then I got an idea. Tell me what you think of this idea... an online magazine showcasing the thoughts and talents of neurodiverse people!

I was actually thinking of two versions... one for adults, and one for kids. It would be a monthly digital publication, and people could submit whatever they like... for instance, stories, articles, art work, photos, even videos and music since it is digital! If some kid loves to build amazing creations with Legos, he could take pictures or even a stop-motion video, and we could publish it in the magazine! It would be a magazine that focuses on all of the things that neurologically diverse people can do, and of how being different can actually be spectacular.

I know you may be thinking, "Uh, sounds like a blog." But it will be different.

Look at this.... and the imagine it with our work in it instead! We could put out a new issue monthly.

What do you think? If you like it, start thinking about what you'd like to see included in it!

For the kids' version, I'm thinking of a column where kids could write asking for advice... like Dear Abby or Ask The Answer Lady... and adults could answer. For instance, if some little kid is getting bullied at school and writes for advice, adults could talk about how we handled the same situation. Because neurologically diverse kids probably don't often get the chance to hear from adults who have gone through what they're going through, so this would be something really unique.

Okay... that did the trick! I'm feeling a little better now! I've got a project!




2 comments :

  1. I love any idea that makes people of any age feel supported and understood with problems they face. I think this project is a great idea and will fulfill your need to help others - especially children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great idea. Do you know of paper.li? (http://paper.li/)
    It helps you create your own newspaper.

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!