Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Finding My Style

I have posted before about Vinted (it is where I got my wicked cool Converse high tops with the heart pattern!) I have been getting a little addicted to it lately! I've never been particularly interested in fashion. I tend to want to wear things based on their colors (I like bright and bold colors) and texture (preferably soft and stretchy!) The embarrassing thing is that, even though I am an adult, my mom still chooses a lot of my clothes at the store. When I am with her, I can at least give my input... but a lot of the time if I see something I like, my mom vetoes it because she thinks it is too expensive, she thinks it will make me look fat, she thinks dog hair will cling to the fabric, etc. I also get a lot of my clothes for Christmas, which means I tend to wear a lot of sweaters in the winter. Another problem is that a lot of the time if I am wearing an outfit I put together and like, my mom will say it is inappropriate for some reason or another and send me back to change. For proof of that, read this blog entry, in which my mom had a fit because I wore jeans (actually they were corduroys but she kept saying they were the same as jeans, which still puzzles me to this day.) We have had similar arguments because she often wants me to wear black dress pants, which I find horribly tight and uncomfortable and itchy. I remember one particular time when my brother was visiting and we were all going somewhere, and my mom was insisting that I needed to wear black dress pants. I had already seen my brother wearing jeans, but when I pointed this out, she said, "Well, you are older, so you need to look more grown-up." Which didn't make sense to me because at the time I was about 25 and my brother 23, so it wasn't like he was a teenager or something. Or she will say, "Because you are a girl." But I would rather wear a skirt or dress than those dreadful dress pants! Bleh! But anyways...

What I started out to say is that I have very little experience choosing clothes that I really like... not just clothes that my mom and I can agree are acceptable. On Vinted I can look at a lot of different used clothes and think about things I like and don't like. I can "favorite" things I do like, and sometimes I can even buy something, since it is used clothing and some of it is pretty inexpensive.

For instance, you remember my very cool shoes, right?

I also recently bought these boots. I love to wear Ugg-style boots in the winter and fall (the ones I've been wearing were about $100 cheaper than actual Uggs, but you know what I mean, boots that are really soft inside) but my mom kept telling me that my boots from last year were too worn out and that I needed to buy new ones. So I found these on Vinted for about $6.00. They are brand new and still have the tags on them!

Also, when I first joined Vinted, they gave me a $10 credit to get whatever I wanted from the site. I searched the site over and found a really cool skirt, for only $7.00. The picture has already been deleted from Vinted or I'd show it to you, but maybe another day. It has all different colors.

Here are some of the things I've favorited, and might buy whenever I have an extra few dollars. A lot of times when you favorite something, the person selling it will actually drop the price right away in hopes that you will buy it, which is how I got my Converses for a dollar.

I like patchwork stuff. I love this sweatshirt because of all the different colors and little pictures on it. Its only $9.50 so I may get it when I get a paycheck someday.

I like this dress because of the colors. I am not sure I like the material and I don't like that it is see-through, but I would probably wear a shirt underneath and then it would be okay.


I like this because of the colors and pattern. It is called a tunic.

I like both of these skirts because I like skirts with a lot of colors and that are flowy, not tight, and not too short.
 


I could look at Vinted all day long! 

I actually have to go walk my dogs now, so I don't have a very good ending for this post. Maybe you can make something up! 




3 comments :

  1. Hey hello, under the dress or tuniic you can wear a short dress from Hennes and Maurits. The basic one's like a very long t-shirt. I wear short dresses and tunics like that all the time. And then with a legging and Dr martens boots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, I found you via the NaBloPoMo blogroll.

    As part of NaBloPoMo I try to comment on as many participating blogs as I can, and I am also adding participating blogs to my feed reader. So I’m just dropping by to let you know I’ve added your blog to my feedreader, whenever you publish a post I will see it. :)

    I have created three bundles on Inoreader so that bloggers can easily visit other participating NaBloPoMo bloggers which you can find here -

    http://www.snoskred.org/2014/11/nablopomo-bundles-final-edition.html

    Your blog is in the second bundle.. I also have a link up going at my place so my readers can find participating blogs which you are more than welcome to add your blog link to.

    Looking forward to seeing your posts. You may see me drop by again during November, but it might be December before I finish my first drop by to blogs if I don't get faster at leaving comments. :)

    Happy NaBloPoMo to you!
    Snoskred
    http://www.snoskred.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh those are some amazing deals! definitely figure out what you love and try out new styles :)

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!