Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Monday, May 26, 2014

The Favorite Color Swap!

I actually wrote most of this post a long time ago and it has been languishing in my drafts because I somehow got distracted in the middle of it and never went back to it! Booooo, Angel! Anyway I wanted to share my cool treasures from my most recent blog swap! This is another one organized by Chaotic Goddess. The idea was to find things that are your swap partner's favorite colors. 

My partner was Ale from Mi Esquina 2.0. My two favorite colors are red and purple, but I decided to designate red as my color for this swap. And Ale's favorite color is purple! So shopping for things for her was a lot of fun, because I had to search for purple things. You can check out her blog if you want to see what I got her. 

Anyway, here is a picture of all the cool things I got from Ale! 

The first things you might notice are the large letter A, and the smaller letters that spell out Angel Alien. Ale painted these herself, and they are even sparkly! There are also two little wooden dogs, because she saw that I love dogs. 

The next thing you might notice are the cool craft supplies! Ale sent me a bunch of stickers. And the small little red clothespins, which I think I can put to good use when I am teaching summer school in a few weeks... I bet I can make a game out of them! There are also three rolles of Washi tape, a luxury I've always wanted but never bought for myself. And finally, she sent me some little candy bars! (There were three but I ate one of them right away.) 

I hope Ale likes the things from me as much as I like the things from her!
If you want to see what all of the other swappers got, you can go here

In the meantime, Saturday was my first author event, at a walk-a-thon for a pet rescue organization. They had let me have a vendor booth for free, because I said I would donate half of the proceeds to their organization. Unfortunately for them and me, the event was not much of a success as far as selling my books went! I sold four. (And two of them were to my friend, who had already been planning on buying them.) So my donation to them was only $10, which was $30 less than what they would have gotten if I'd just payed for a vendor booth. (I actually donated $15, because I felt kind of bad about the whole thing.)

I'm not going to be discouraged though! I have another event in July, and I think it will go better. I am going to keep on trying! As the words of one of my favorite songs go, "I get knocked down! But I get up again! You're never going to keep me down!" (I know, the song is actually meant to be about drinking, passing out, getting up and drinking some more. But to me it means when life knocks you down, you get back up and try again!) 

Alright friends, that is it for now. It is thundering now and my dogs are sitting on my feet, so I have to give them some hugs. I hope you all had a great weekend!

5 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you give your dogs hugs during the thunderstorms! My puppy runs and finds whatever clothes Daddy has left on the floor and lays on them. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the letters she painted for you! And how sweet that she got you Washi tape to play with, too. What a great match!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea you were an author. How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. William (wcbenz@blogspot.com) misses you! Hope everything is ok! This is the last post we see...

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!