You all know I've been enjoying doing blog swaps... where you get matched with a random blogger, and are given a theme, and the two of you send a surprise package to each other. I found another swap that is just for teachers! I was so excited to join the SLANT Box Swap for the first time, in April. I was matched with Amanda from His And Her Hobbies, and Jenn from Take Me To Third Grade. I was supposed to send a package to Jenn, and receive one from Amanda.
So the other day, I was excited to find my first SLANT Box outside my door! When I eagerly opened up the box, I couldn't have been happier to find...
1. The book Adventures Of The Berenstain Bears... a classic that teaches children morals through the adventures and misadventures of Brother Bear and Sister Bear. It is actually a collection of four stories, which makes it perfect for reading aloud to a class in short amounts of time, as well as for beginning readers to work their way through at their own pace.
2. A neat little "catch" game that involves a bouncy baseball and two trampoline-like catching disks. This goes along with one of the stories in the book, where the little bears play T-ball. I bet I can turn it into some sort of reading activity for my summer school class! Or just let them bring it out to play with at recess!
3. An OMG-so-cute stuffed puppy! You all know I am a sucker for stuffed animals! The puppy was included because, in another one of the stories, the family gets a puppy.
4. A colorful little ball made of suction cups. I used to have these when I was a kid. If you throw them at something like a refrigerator or a white board, it sticks! I bet I can make a fun learning activity with this... like, writing multiple choice answers on the board and having them take turns tossing the ball at the right answer!
5. Colorful Ink Joy pens (for the theme of organization, because in one story the bears clean their house.) I love Ink Joy pens for grading papers and writing notes. So much more fun and friendly than the traditional angry red pen!
6. Post-it flags (again with the theme of organization) which will ALWAYS come in handy! I think I used half a million of these last summer!
7. It's hard to see it, but it is a pad of acorn shaped Post-its, to go with the story where the family finds a baby chipmunk. Again, I use A LOT of Post-It products when I have a classroom!
And if these things weren't enough, look what else Amanda sent...
Yummy, yummy, yummy chocolates!
What a great SLANT Box. I felt like it was my birthday. Thanks, Amanda, if you're reading this... I loved it all!