Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Happy Blogaversary To Me!

Today is my Blogaversary! As of today, I have been typing away in this little blog for one whole year.

I have been asking my readers to take a survey, and 20 of you did. Which is pretty cool, because it means I have at least twenty readers! I said I'd publish the results today. Keep reading to find out... are you a typical reader, or are you AN ALIEN!!!!!!!!!

Where do you live? I asked readers to identify the state they lived in, or if they didn't live in the USA, their country. It turned out that you guys are scattered all over the USA and even the world!

Online Graphing


Next, I wondered what gender my readers were. It turns out, most of you are female!
I wondered how old my readers were. It turns out that most of you are between the ages of 26 and 35, with another large group being between 50 and 69. I wonder how that compares with the ages of people in general who read blogs?
Online Graphing
Create a graph


I was curious about how often people actually read my blog. I was guessing that most people got around to it about once a week, because that is about how often I manage to get to other people's blogs. It turned out, I was almost right. Most people wander in less than once a month. But 35% of you are loyal readers who show up at least once a week... and some of you are here even more than that!



I'm always curious about how people find their ways to my blog in the first place. It turns out that most of you came here after I commented on your blogs! But the second largest category was "other." which leaves me wondering how the rest of you got here?


The fact that most of you came here after I commented on your blog makes sense. After all, a whopping 80% of you have your own blogs!


The next section was the hardest to make a chart for. I asked about my readers' experiences with special needs. It was hard to find a way to graph everyone's responses to all of the choices. But I did my best. This chart is a little hard to see for some reason, so you might have to zoom in on it!
The RED bar is the number of people who said they had the special need themselves. The pinkish-purple line is their spouses. The blue line is their children. The green line is another family member. And the final, pink line, is NOBODY. I was surprised to see that most people said that they, themelves, have ADHD,  but nobody said that their children have it.

Next came my favorite question, something I love hearing about... what type of pets you have! It was interesting to see that almost 80% of you have dogs, while only 10% of you have cats. Only one person had a pet monster, and I totally know who it is! His initials are R.J.!!!
For the people who chose "Other," I asked them to specify. One person has rabbits and guinea pigs (I really should have added a category for those guys), and another person has a hedgehog. One person takes care of the squirrels and birds in his yard, and feels that they know him now, so he considers them his pets!
 And one person claims to have a kangaroo. I'm guessing that is one of the two people from Australia!

Online Graphing
chart

I wanted to find out what your favorite features of my blog are... not that I will change what I write in my blog, but I could focus on more of some things and less of others. Here's what you guys said! A lot of you enjoy reading about my personal experiences with ADHD, autism and other issues, or about everyday life and random stuff. Which is great, because those are the things I enjoy writing about most!
For those who chose "other," I asked them to specify. A few responded, and here's what they said.
"You! And, your personal experiences with mental health issues."
"Personal experiences AND everyday stuff."
"All of the above."


Finally comes the section that is probably going to give me an inflated ego! I asked you guys to tell me, with free response, what you would like to see more of in my blog. And here's what you wrote.
"I enjoy it all!!"
"Love it as is! Write about whatever matters to you! :)"
"I don't have any suggestions for improvement, I like things the way they are now. My faves though, are just ordinary stories of your teaching days and problems you face and how you resolve them. I like your style of writing and the freshness of your ideas. I'm also a fan because you are an animal advocate like me!"
"Just keep on doing what you do."
"I love reading about your experience with animals!"
"it's all good."
"You. Your thoughts and feelings about how you interact with the world while having ASD."
"I honestly like everything you write about. I know that you have difficulty sometimes speaking to people in person, but you express yourself very well in writing. :)"

Wow! Thanks, everyone! I think I will do this again, about a year from now on my 2nd blogaversary. It will be interesting to see how the answers change over time!

Anyways, I've said it before, and I'll say it again... I really appreciate every one of you who reads and/or comments on this blog. I feel like this blog gives me a place to really be myself, and it has been wonderful to find out that there are people out there who enjoy getting to know me, purely as me. Even if I don't reply to your comments (which is usually because a lot of you are no-reply bloggers so I can't answer via email, and I often just forget to come back to the comments section and reply there) I definitely do read, and love, every one of them.

Thanks for everything! Here's to another wonderful year!
Happy Birthday Comments Pictures

8 comments :

  1. This was so much fun! I enjoyed replying to your survey and reading the well organized results! It is interesting to see who my fellow fans of you are!
    You've done a great job in your first year and I'm looking forward to seeing what lies ahead in the next months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd just like it on the record, as one of the Aussies, that I'm *not* the one with the pet kangaroo :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your anniversary! 25-year-old male reader here!

    My anniversary is coming up in a couple of days--right before my birthday, in fact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 1 year to you! :D Such an awesome milestone!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! Congrats on your blogiversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was super interesting! I loved finding out everyone's answers. :) I'll have to do one of these one day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blogaversary, Angel!!! I'm so sorry I missed your survey. I would still like to leave a comment though:) I think your blog is great!!! You are an outstanding writer, seriously! I don't have ADHD, but I have learned a lot from you. Thank you for that. You are such a positive person. It's nice to come here and read about your experiences and watch you grow and tackle things with courage. I wish the very best for you and look forward to reading more in your second year of blogging! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a bit late, but Happy Blogaversary!! Sorry I missed the survey I would have enjoyed participating. I am so behind in my reading, but I will catch up! This was both interesting and entertaining read.

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!