Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Coming Soon, But Probably Not To A Bookstore Near You!

(The following information is totally copyrighted by ME and you cannot steal it! No, I am not talking to my regular readers, who are awesome. I am talking to any random anonymous one-time visitors who might decide to steal a story idea and pass it off as their own!) 

You guys are the first ones to know that I am nearly finished writing my second children's book. 

I wanted to tell you all about this new book, because it is about a topic that is very special to me! Think about some of the special interests you know I have, and then try to guess what this new book is about. 
.
.
.
.
T

H
I
N

K
I
N
G
.
.
.
.

Do you give up? Okay, I'll tell you! It is about dogs!

Well, not just dogs. It is about a little boy and his mother, who decide to start fostering a rescue dog. 

The rescue dog's name is Trixie Pixie! (This is in honor of my Trixie, whose nickname is Trixie Pixie. Pixie, like Trixie, is a sweet, scruffy dog. But unlike Trixie, Pixie is white... not brownish-yellow or whatever color you'd call Trixie!) 

The story tells of how Pixie came to the rescue. She was a homeless dog, who was then taken to an overcrowded animal shelter, and finally picked up by a rescue organization. The little boy and his mother meet Pixie as she comes off the transport (the way my mom and I first met Trixie!) and they take her home. The little boy becomes very attached to Pixie, although he knows that his family is only fostering her until she can find a forever home. 

Eventually the bittersweet day comes when a wonderful family falls in love with Pixie and decides to adopt her. Of course, the little boy doesn't want to give up his new best friend!

I won't tell you the end of the story because I don't want to spoil it. But I will tell you the ending is a lot different from how Trixie's story ended up! 

I am actually going to self-publish this story instead of working with the publisher I worked with on my last book. The reason being that I've realized I can do pretty much everything the publisher did for me, and keep all of the profits instead of sharing them with a third party. I know it wasn't a scam, because I didn't have to give up any money in order to get it published... everything was free to me, and the publisher would only get a commission when books were actually sold. But I do think the small, independent publisher is really, really, really small... like one person... and they bit off a little more than they could chew when they decided to start a publishing company. They haven't really done much at all to help get my book out there. I mean, I didn't lose anything in the deal... but still... might as well just do it myself if I can.

Also... I just said I am self-publishing it so I won't have to share profits with a third party. But I actually am going to share the profits... I will donate half of the proceeds of this book to the rescue organization that Trixie came from! 


What do you think of that idea?

I will even share with you the very first illustration for the book. You are the very, very first people to set eyeballs on this. I hope you like it!



Alright... I am going to go work on it some more now! Sorry I am a little bit behind on my blog reading. You know how it is for ADHD and Aspie people when we get our minds stuck on a project... it is super hard to take time away from it!

But I will be reading blogs later today or tomorrow, I promise. 

In the mean time, pip pip cheerio! Whatever that means!


5 comments :

  1. What a way to get some animal rescue awareness out there. And they say if you get kids to see the humane way of living when they are young, they will have that attitude for life. Your drawing of Pixie is great! Best wishes on this venture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dogs and kids! Who wouldn't want to read it? I think it's terrific that you're using your God given gifts to entertain AND get the word about issues close to your heart. Wonderful, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm looking forward to your book especially with such a charming illustration. You're so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your book sounds great! I love the story line. I can't wait to see and read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds awesome! What's your other book called, the one you previously published?

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!