Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Can An Alien Cook An Egg?

Remember how I've been doing a little cooking lately? One thing I've never been able to do is anything that involves flipping something in a pan... french toast, pancakes, grilled cheese, fried eggs, etc. Whatever I try to make gets all scrambled up and discombobulated. I just don't have the hand-eye coordination to do it! In fact when I used to care for my friend's kids full time, she bought nonstick pans just for me, saying, "If Angel is going to be cooking, we'll need nonstick pans!" But even those pans didn't help me to do a good job flipping things. So I usually tried to veer away from that type of cooking. 

However, recently the Ozeri company offered me a free 8 inch Green Earth frying pan to try out and review. I wondered if maybe this pan, that boasts a textured surface that provides superior nonstick performance, might be the solution for me. 


I was also interested in the Green Earth pan because, like its name suggests, it is earth friendly. It has a natural ceramic coating and 100% PTFE and PFOA. (I had to Google this to find out that PTFE stands for Polytetrafluoroethylene, a florine and carbon compound. When used to coat pots and pans, such as Teflon, it can put out dangerous fumes if it gets too hot. It may also be responsible for the deaths of pet birds. PFOA stands for perfluorooctanoic acid, which is used to make PTFE and is thought by the Environmental Protection Agency to be carcinogenic. So. We probably should try to avoid those things.) 


I thought it would be fun to not only tell you, but show you, me using the Green Earth frying pan to fry an egg. That way, if it didn't work, you'd get to see the honest results! Check out this short video and see for yourself. 





As you can see, I was finally able to fry an egg! It was easier than I could have imagined. I can't wait to start trying it with other things!

I hope you enjoyed this review. I really like trying out new things for this blog!




1 comment :

  1. Another way to flip an egg is lots and lots of grease.

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!