Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Twisted Mixtape Tuesday: Guilty Pleasures!

I've been missing from the Twisted Mixtape scene for a few weeks. Sometimes Mondays and Tuesdays are just too stressful to try to find time to blog! I am not working today so I actually have some time... this is my first "lazy" day before I start a long term subbing position tomorrow! Trying to enjoy it!

Anyways, this week's Mixtape is all about guilty pleasures, the songs that you love even though you hate to admit it. The songs your friends would mock you for if they saw them on your iPod. I have plenty to choose from, being a dork at heart! Let's see what I have for today...

Ooh, here's an embarrassing one! Who remembers this boy band that appeared in 1996? I spent many afterschool hours watching VH-1 (not MTV like normal kids) and this video would often be on. It is upbeat, and the video is fun. But who would admit that they like it?
 

How about this one? I first heard this song as a teenager. I was working in a daycare center with toddlers and would often put on music for the kids while they played. The classroom I worked in only had a few (all cassette tapes of course) and Raffi was one of them, so I played this frequently. Being an animal lover, how could I not love this sweet song about a baby whale and his mama?



Here's another children's song that has found it's way onto my iPod. I grew up watching this show, and the theme song is cheerful and inspiring. You have to admit it. "Dance your cares away, worries for another day." That's good advice for people of all ages, isn't it?



Moving to the other end of the musical spectrum... this is the first Eminem song I ever heard. I thought it was catchy and funny, so I bought the album, and loved all of the songs. They were just goofy. I remember my friend Stephie and I worked together at a daycare center (a different one from where I heard the Baby Beluga song) and we discovered we both loved Eminem. We waited in eager anticipation for his next album to come out. I had posters of Eminem on my walls, and I even wrote him letters! ::Gulp:: I'll always have a spot in my heart for Eminem. Warning, although this is the "clean" version, you probably still don't want your kids to watch it!


Let's wrap this up with a simple hymn. As my family did not go to church when I was a kid, the first time I heard this song was on an episode of "Just The Ten Of Us." I liked it because it reminded me of the background music to the Smurfs game we used to have on Coleco vision! I've always enjoyed it, and yes, it now lives on my iPod.(This version actually does seem to be from a children's album, but it is the closest version I can find to the one I have... most artists who sing it do their own versions that just aren't the same as the most, well, simple version.)

So that is that! My guilty pleasures! This was a fun theme, and I can't wait to go see what everyone else's guilty pleasures are... although my stupid Shockwave keeps on crashing, so it may take a while.

See you next week!





2 comments :

  1. I love this list! I didn't "grow up" watching Fraggle Rock but I loved it anyway and that brought back great memories! And I've been waiting since the beginning of time for someone to use mmmm bop! Thank you so much for coming back! I love when you play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend that loves Hanson so I heard a lot of Mmmbop, way longer than necessary. They are still around making music though, and I admit that IO do find some of the stuff decent.

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!