Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Twisted Mixtape Time!

I don't know how I forgot to do Twisted Mixtape Tuesday last week, I guess I was a little distracted. I like the topic this week, though... we're supposed to share any new music we've discovered in the past year. It doesn't have to be new to everyone... just new to yourself.

Assuming the assignment means the entire past year (consisting mostly of 2013) and not just the first few weeks of 2014, I have some great songs to share! I discovered most of them on Pandora.

It all started when I heard the song "Busted Heart" in the soundtrack of a movie.
This song quickly became one of my favorites, and led me to look up Bishop Allen on Pandora.
And of course I got addicted to Bishop Allen... but Pandora also led me to some new favorites!

One new favorite group of mine is Vampire Weekend. I have shared Vampire Weekend songs before for Twisted Mixtape Tuesday, especially Oxford Comma. I don't think you've heard this one before, though... it's called "Finger Back.


This next one is pretty mellow, but I love it. I heard it a lot when I was in California visiting Bro and Sunny, and it got stuck in my head. It's called "Skinny Love."



One night I was having difficulty sleeping, and I got the funny idea to search for lullabies on Pandora. This next song is a lullaby meant for children, but I love it anyway, and I added it to my iPod. I think you will love it too! It is called "Night Mantra."



This next song is another that I heard for the first time in California. I forgot all about it until it popped up on my Pandora station around Christmas time. It is a catchy song and I couldn't help but want to hear it again and again! By Noah And The Whale, this is "Five Years Time."

Alright. That is it for my five songs. This list took me forever to make because the electricity keeps browning out, and every time it does, I have to reset the wifi and reset my laptop and get everything situated again. I don't know why this town has such difficulty keeping the electricity on! Anyways, I will look at all of your Twisted Mixtape posts, as long as the wifi stays on for a while. See ya next week!


3 comments :

  1. My playlist is becoming stuffed with all this new music this week, nice mix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way Pandora can help us discover new music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the reason I even know who Vampire Weekend is! And if they didn't have some bad words in some of their songs I would listen to them more, but alas the 8yo does not need to be repeating stuff....
    Loved the Bon Iver
    Night Mantra was awesome, but that video really makes getting woken up all night look like it's no big deal :-) Personally we just start with the kid in our bed, that makes it much easier :-)
    And Noah and the Whale was awesome too! Thank you for introducing me to such great new music! (also a huge fan of Pandora)

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!