Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Twisted Mix Tape Tuesday... Cheer Up!

What time is it everybody? Time for Twisted Mix Tape Tuesday! Today, the topic is, a mix tape that you would give to a friend when you're trying to cheer her up. I scratched my head and dug deep into my iPod and came up with these!

I discovered this one while playing some sort of dancing game with my little cousins on their Wii. When I saw the title, "Lollipop," I thought it would be, you know, "Lollipop, lollipop, ooh lolli-lollipop!" Well, this is a different "Lollipop," but just as catchy... you can't help but dance to it! And the video is sure to cheer you up, as well!



This song always reminds me of when I was in AmeriCorps and I worked at a day care center for children in foster care. One of my favorite kids was a preschooler named Jeramiah. He loved this song, and we even let him call the radio station and request it! My mom hates this song, but I love it. Sing along, everyone... you know the words!



I've always known this next song, but I never really paid attention to it until I heard it in the soundtrack of the movie "Crooklyn." I was in high school and life was melodramatic. When things were going poorly for me, I'd play this song and try to convince myself that things were going to get easier! When I listen to this song, I really do feel like a good friend is putting their arms around my shoulders and reassuring me that everything will be okay.


Well, we have to have some Grateful Dead in the mix, don't we? This next song is another one I listened to a lot in high school... it told me that I would survive!



And finally... this last song is one that I dedicated to one of my dogs, Trixie, when I first got her... I made a slideshow of pictures of her, with this song playing in the background. But you could dedicate it to any good friend, letting them know that you will always be there for them.

So there you have it... my Twisted Mix Tape to cheer up a friend! Do you feel cheered up yet?



6 comments :

  1. I've heard the Lollipop somewhere and just can't place it. Nice inclusions of the TDN and Dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes me smile that Jeremiah liked Three Dog Night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Oooh Child. The words are so comforting. Right now I like the Pharrell Happy song from Despicable Me. Instant mood lifter for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, great songs! Thank you for the afternoon pick me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This could not be more perfect! Ooooh Child is one of my all time favorite songs! I love to sing it and it is the perfect song for this mix. OF course you will get me with The Grateful Dead any time, and I was already a big Mika fan! LOVED!

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!