Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Friday, January 3, 2014

Don't You Want A Clean Butt?

26801042d43e2b303d2c9254884426b2a7cf3a396dfe548631
 Guess what, everyone? I joined this site called BzzAgent, where they send you free products to try out. The idea is, if you like the product, you have to tell others about it and try to spread the word. I was pretty excited to join this, because I am on a tight budget, so anything free is cool with me. Imagine how I felt when the first thing they offered me was a free supply of Cottonelle® Fresh Care Flushable Cleansing Cloths?  I was like, "Uh, this is going to be embarrassing... who wants to talk about wiping butts?"

But I decided to try it out. And I found that I really like them! In fact, when my supply runs out, I am probably going to buy them again. I like knowing that I am clean and smell fresh after using the bathroom. And it really makes sense, if you think about it. You wash your hands after you use the bathroom, right? Well, guess what is way, way stinkier and germier than your hands?

I remember reading a few different blog entries by parents of kids with autism and sensory processing difficulties, mentioning that, although their kids were elementary-school aged, they still asked their parents to help them wipe their butts. The reason is because, if they don't do a really great job wiping, they actually feel uncomfortable to the point of being distracted all day long. For people with sensory processing difficulties, feeling clean is even more important. It occurred to me that this product could be helpful for kids with this issue, because not only will it help get them as clean as possible, but the cloths are softer than normal toilet paper.

One thing I was worried about, when I first signed up to get this product, was whether they would clog the toilet. I live in an old house with ancient, fragile pipes. We can never get the thick kind of toilet paper, because it will clog up our temperamental pipes. I knew, if these wipes clogged up the toilet, they would be banished from the bathroom forever! But they flushed with no problem. Later, I read on the website that they are specially designed to be flushable and are safe even for septic systems.

By the way, they recommend that you use these wipes along with your normal toilet paper. So, first use your regular toilet paper, and then finish the job with the cleansing cloths... and then use regular toilet paper again, if you are worried about feeling, um, damp. But you could also probably use them by themselves, if you wanted to.

I am glad I got the chance to try this product out! I would certainly recommend it. And if you want further information about this product and how it is used, here is a video about it. It really is an amusing video... this lady named Cherry hangs out near the washrooms in an airport, and goes up to people asking, "How do you wipe your bum?"

You can also learn more on Cottonelle's Facebook page and on Twitter.

Okay. Embarrassing subject tackled. That was fun, wasn't it?

4 comments :

  1. Ahahaha so you DID sort of advertise for the free products you get. This post is entertaining. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. If want to be truly clean, and save allot of money, you need to get a Hand Bidet Sprayer. Cleaning with water is 10X better than toilet paper or wet wipes and much better for the environment. See www.bathroomsprayers.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a nice job with a potentially awkward subject. I didn't know they suggested you use the wipes AND the toilet paper. Makes sense from a marketing point of view: twice the Cottonelle! Wonder if it's really necessary, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have actually talked about this subject with people before - even though it's awkward. We came to the conclusion that if you use wet wipes on babies, why do you suddenly stop when they get older? I think these are a brilliant invention!

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!