Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

All My Bloggy Presents!

I mentioned a while ago that I was participating in two different gift exchanges for bloggers. The first one was the Twelve Days Of Christmas Swap, run by Chaotic Goddess. You were supposed to send the person twelve gifts, so they could open one each day all the way until Christmas. I was matched up with Becca from Everyday Life. You can see what I got her, at her reveal post. And here's what I got from her! 

(I don't think this is anywhere close to the right order, but just go with it.) 
Starting from the top left corner:
1. Two Christmas-themed towels.
2. Two books (These were wrapped separately as two different gifts, but I took a picture of them together, which is why I don't have exactly 12 pictures here, as you will see in a minute.) 
3. A pen with a cute polar bear notepad attached. 
4. A CD compilation that was made to raise money for Hurricane Sandy victims.
5. This is just a random picture of candy canes because I didn't have twelve pictures.
6. Some Russel Stover chocolates
7. Stickers!!!
8. A snack tray
9. A thing you can use to hang up your CHristmas cards
10. A Santa mug!
11. Coca-Cola coasters

Very cool! I couldn't use the decorative things this year because I'm staying at my mom's, but I can't wait until next Christmas so I'll have my very own Christmas decorations to put out! Thanks, Becca!

The other swap was a Holiday Gift Exchange at A Healthy Mrs. This one was a little different because I had two partners... one to send something to, and one to receive something from. You can check out The Runista's blog to see what I sent one of my partners. From my other partner, Elizabeth, I got a tin filled with cookies, and some fruitcake. She writes a cooking blog, so you know those were some yummy baked goods! Here is a picture of the cookies (there used to be more, but I already ate some.) I think my dad ate the fruitcake. Thanks, Elizabeth!

Both of these exchanges were a lot of fun. I can't wait to do it again! 

If you are one of the people who won my homemade gift giveaway, don't worry... your gifts are wrapped and ready to mail, but as I had kind of a hard time in the past few weeks, I just couldn't motivate my lazy butt to get up and go to the mailbox! So you'll get a January surprise. 

As for me, I am actually doing better today. I helped take down all of the Christmas decorations, which I thought would cause me to feel sad, but I actually felt okay. I think what is helping me is, I try to concentrate on the exact moment I am in, instead of remembering the past or worrying about the future. So if I'm taking down Christmas decorations, instead of thinking about the fun time we had at Christmas and missing everyone, or worrying about how lonely I am going to be when life goes back to normal, I just focus on helping my mom take down the decorations, and getting whatever sort of distraction and/or enjoyment I can get out of it. Plus it probably helps that the sadness juice has calmed itself down a little.

Anyway, I said I was going to post a video today, but because my parents didn't leave last night, I didn't have any quiet time to work on it. But it will be here, as soon as I get the chance to make it. 

Happy New Year, everyone! 



MySpace Glitter Graphics


2 comments :

  1. I love your blog! Its so cute, with the snowmen and snow!

    Awesome presents you received through 12 Days of Christmas Swap! I got lots of great things also! Thanks for stopping by my 12 day of X-Mas @ Addicted Readers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun decor you got! And great idea to focus on the moment (which is difficult to do). Thanks for joining us for the swap!

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!