Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Resolution A Week

Most people posted about their New Year's Resolutions sometime between New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. I've always been something of a slacker, huh! I've never had much luck with New Year's resolutions anyways... I would think about them for a week or two, but then life would get in the way and I'd forget or stop caring. 

So this year, I decided to try something new. I am going to try having a mini-resolution every week... something small and attainable, but that will still improve me and my life. 


Because I'm so disorganized, don;t be surprised if a lot of my resolutions have something to do with organization! For instance, this week I decided to focus on my dresser drawers. I have a very small dresser with not a lot of room, and most of my drawers are so full, I have trouble opening and closing them. Plus, it is a little dark up there, and it is hard for me to find particular things that I'm looking for. If I was looking for, for instance, a red turtle neck, I'd have to rifle through piles of shirts and make a big mess in the process. I wish I had taken a picture in advance, but I forgot! Just imagine a bunch of shirts all bunched and wadded up like crazy in a drawer. 

As with all matters of my life, I turned to the blog world. One blog I follow, Organizing Made Fun, had an article about organizing a shirt drawer. It shows you how to fold your shirts really small, so that you can stand them up in rows in your drawer. This way, you can see them all, and it is easier to take them out and put them away. 

And here's the finished result!

I went a little further and organized my pajama drawer and my other shirt drawer (the picture is of my work shirts, but I also have a drawer of home shirts) as well. 

The good thing about a weekly resolution is, even though this was just my resolution for the week, I can easily keep it up for the whole rest of the year, and longer. 

I wonder what my resolution will be for next week? 

2 comments :

  1. Great job!! Next week, work on getting back to the Pacific NW. Just one small "To Do" item!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of having mini resolutions each week!!! Good luck with each of them. :-)

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!