Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

'Tis The Night Before Christmas!

Hi everyone! I haven't blogged for a few days so I thought I'd stop by to post. I don't want to write a lot today, because of the fact that some of my thoughts right now are too somber to be writing about on the night (or day) before Christmas! So I will focus on the cheerful things...

Bro, Sunny and Squeak have been here since Thursday. We are going in a few hours to my mom's family's Christmas celebration. Some of the people in my family already met Squeak when we brought him over to my Nona's house the other day, but some people will be meeting little Squeak for the first time. It should be a lot of fun! 

I feel like I am always nervous about holiday gatherings beforehand because I don't like being around that many people t once... I get lost in the shuffle. The worst part is when I try to participate in a conversation, and nobody hears me, or at least nobody responds. This happens to me a lot. It is like being a ghost! 

But when it is time to leave I always feel like I had a good time. Even if all I really did is watch everyone else interact. 

Tomorrow is better because just my parents, Sunny and Bro and Squeak and me, will stay at home and spend Christmas together. We don't really do anything. We actually stay in pajamas all day long. It is the best! Sometimes we play Monopoly or Yahtzee. This is actually the first time Sunny and Bro will be with us for Christmas, so I don't know if it will be the same as usual, but I'm hoping it is. (Have I mentioned this is a hard part of it all for me... not knowing what is going to happen? I am excited for them to be here on Christmas, but it is very difficult for me to not know whether everything will be completely different from usual.)

Also, I am planning to do my first video blog post on New Year's Eve or New Year's Day. So, does anyone have any questions or things they'd want me to talk about? Let me know in the comments, or email, or use my Ask.fm widget. 

Alright, everyone! Merry Christmas! 

Merry Christmas From Trixie!

Merry Christmas From Lily! 

3 comments :

  1. I so understand how you're feeling because the holidays are cumbersome to me as well. I'm just glad when they're over. So much pressure. So sad that those around you don't take the time to really get to know you and realize what a Wonderful, Intelligent, Funny, Beautiful person you are. So you have a handicap? Show me someone who doesn't!!! And it only makes you stronger and the person you are. I wouldn't trade it for anything! We are fortunate that we've gotten to meet our Angel. And Santa hasn't forgotten you!!! Your book is done and I sent it off on Christmas eve. You should receive it just after the first of the year. I'm sorry I didn't get it to you by Christmas but I did get it done by then. I just forgot about shipping time!!! Love and hugs and everything else. Merry Christmas from Ant, Unc, Jo & "O"!!!! Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry christmas may your day be blessed

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoyed spending time with your family.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!