Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Last Twisted Mix Tape Tuesday of 2013!

Hi faithful readers! If you are wondering about how I am doing, you'll be glad to know that I am feeling a little bit better. It has been almost 48 hours since my last crying jag! Last night I actually somewhat enjoyed myself while going shopping with my mom, although I had to keep reminding myself, "It is okay. Look, you're having fun! You're shopping with your mom! This is nice! Everything is fine!" Right now it is more of a fear of feeling sad... like when you break a bone, and it is starting to heal so it doesn't hurt all the time anymore, but you are still nervous about putting pressure on it because when it does hurt it is excruciating! 

I am so full of metaphors.

Anyways...

You may have noticed that it is Mix Tape Tuesday again, as well as New Year's Eve! Jen Kehl has suggested that we share our favorite mix tape of the year. Well. I have only done Mix Tapes for a few weeks, so I've decided to share my one favorite song from my past five entries (excluding the Christmas songs edition, because thinking about Christmas is making me sad lately.)

The very first Mix Tape I ever participated in was during a week when we were asked to share songs that had a spiritual meaning to us. One of the ones I chose was "Ripple," by the Grateful Dead. I have loved this song since my brother first introduced it to me back in 2000. This is definitely one of my all-time favorite songs.



The next week was close to Halloween, so we were asked to share Halloween-type songs. Having become a recent Vampire Weekend fan, I chose to include one of their songs... partly because the band's name has Vampire in it, which is Halloween-related, and also because the video has a few creepy moments in it. Here it is again... Oxford Comma! (Don't watch this video if you have children in the room with you and you don't want them to hear the "F" word.)



The next week, we were allowed to choose any topic we wanted. I decided to choose the topic of angels, to go along with my name! Of the five that I chose, my favorite would have to be "Pretty Little Angel Eyes." It is just a fun, upbeat song that makes you want to dance!



A week after that, the theme for us all was "cheating." The song I found most amusing on my list was "Silhouettes"  by Hermann's Hermits. If you listen to the words closely, you'll find that the song is a story with a narrator who is kind of an asshole with an anger management problem. Give it a try!



The next week was for Christmas songs, but I am skipping that list because Christmas songs make me sad now. But the week after that was about addiction... sort of. It is hard for me to choose one song from that list, because I really like them all! But how about we listen to "The Mighty Quinn" one more time? (THe version I posted was by Manfred Man, but I think it was originally written by Bob Dylan, and the Grateful Dead also did a version of it. Research those on your own if you want!)


And that concludes the year of 2013!See you next year, Twisted Mix Tapers!





2 comments :

  1. Nice selections. Ripple is a fantastic song-I've liked it ever since I heard it in the final episode of Freaks and Geeks. Hope you continue to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a Jane's Addiction version of Ripple, have you heard it? Did I mention that before? I hope things are good now, maybe this week will be fun?

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!