Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Mix Tape Tuesday

OMG dudes. I am in rare form today! My nerves are all twisted and bent and crazy like a maze! Yet I am still stumbling in here to do this week's Mix Tape Tuesday!

I've been mentioning for a few days now about my general job dissatisfaction and how I was having trouble forcing myself to go to work. I was considering looking for a new job as a day care teacher, but then realized that might not be possible because of the fact that my ECE credits are in quarter hours, not semester hours. I was sinking into a state of despair.

But then I stumbled upon an idea... substitute teaching! I decided to sign up in the district where I did my student teaching. I can make $100 a day, plus take days off when I need them! (For instance, when I continue taking my classes, this time I will actually have time to do the observations... I can just take a morning off when I need to! And if I get oerwhelmed with homework, I can take a day off to catch up!)

Once I realized that, and got my paperwork all ready and signed up for subbing, it was impossible to make myself go to work.

I tried. I got up this morning, got dressed, packed a lunch, ate breakfast, etc... but I just couldn't go. I found myself nearly having a panic attackat the thought of going in one more day.

I don't know why. There was nothing really to dislike about the job itself. Maybe it is a med issue. Maybe if I was on my meds, I would have been able to stick with it. I don't know.

All I know is, I didn't go to work today. I am here, instead, feeling really nervous and guilty and shady. And I'm telling you this, my bloggy friends, because I will never admit it to anyone else.

Hopefully I can begin subbing later this week, or next week, and make a few hundred bucks before winter break starts. It will be a good way to save up money for my move. But I still feel terrible about "playing hooky" for the rest of this week!

And now, without further ado, some songs about this week's theme... addiction!

The first one I thought of is "Laid," by James. A lovely song about codependence, if there ever was one!




Then, of course, there is Amy Winehouse. They tried to make her go to rehab, but she said No, no, no!




What about the Pied Piper? You know you would follow him anywhere!



Or, my favorite song that I like to dedicate to my friend Erick... The Mighty Quinn! When Quinn the Eskimo gets here, everybody's gonna run to him!



I'm not sure if this last song is about addiction, but it is the closing song for the movie "Spun," which is about people who are addicted to meth, and so that's what it reminds me of. Plus it is one of my favorite songs. And they do say "We're all rewinding to get high" right in the song, so...

PS... I just saw the website and realized I must have read it wrong last night. The theme is not about addiction to substances, but addiction to LOVE! Oh well. These songs are metaphorical then, okay? This is the  kind of day in which I end up doing everything just a little backwards.


Play along at JenKehl.com if you want!

7 comments :

  1. Amy Winehouse sang it well. Perfect songs for the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever to include "The Pied Piper." I can totally see how it is about addiction now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First - I know exactly how it is to dread going in to work so much you feel like you could explode or implode - money is important but if I've learned anything in life it's that no job is worth sacrificing your happiness, sanity or quality of life. Fingers crossed the subbing thing comes easily! Second - I haven't heard that James song in forevs! And I love it!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOLOLOLOL...well at least you caught it. I have read several now that also did general addiction. Great songs anyhow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was hoping to find an Amy Winehouse song to go on my mixtape this week, but didn't manage it. Good luck in your new endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea! Quinn! It could be about addiction because we were all addicted to it when we followed the Dead and all we wanted was to hear that song and then when they played it we went CRAZY!
    Also, sorry about your job. But sometimes when it's not right it's ok to walk away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love this mix! "Laid" has always been a favorite and "Mighty Quinn" is such a great song. "Rehab" too. RIP Amy Whinehouse. So sad.

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!