Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Sunday, December 1, 2013

It's Beginning To Look A Little Like Christmas!

Hi everyone! Today is, for those of you who aren't near a calendar of some sort, December 1. At my house, we already decorated our tree! My mom is going to be out of town next weekend, so our choices were to either decorated it this weekend, or wait until two weekends from now and only have it up for one week before Christmas. So here it is!

One thing was making me kind of sad... This is my first Christmas without my kitty cat, Sammy-Joe. He died in February of cancer, at the age of almost 13. I still feel so sad whenever I think about him, or when I read posts about the cute and funny things other people's cats do.  

Sammy-Joe really loved boxes, like most cats do. Any time there was a cardboard box around, he naturally assumed it was for him!  This included the box that contains our fake Christmas tree. Whenever we pulled it out of storage, he'd get so excited and start running around it!


One time my dad and I were just sitting in the basement. We had just put the tree up, and the empty box was in the basement. We thought we heard some rustling over there, and we turned to look. But at first, all we saw was a normal box...


And we were like, "Uh-oh, maybe there's a mouse or something in there!


But then we saw this...


When he saw us watching, he ducked back down. But he kept popping up again every few minutes to spy on us! 


Finally I got a little worried that he was actually stuck in there, so I went and opened the lid for him. And he was like, "Fix it! Fix it now!"


I think I took those pics in December of 2011. By December of last year, he was still checking out the boxes, but he was a lot weaker and not as playful. 


Another thing is, we used to have to worry about putting certain ornaments too low on the tree, because he was always trying to chew on them, or steal them. There were these little plastic heart shaped ornaments he always managed to get his paws on, and we'd find them later in his bed or his toy box!

Sammy lurking menacingly behind the tree
He really loved Christmas... if for no other reason than because we finally answered his wish and put a tree right in the middle of the house!

I miss him so much. 





Anyways...


Wow that was a cheerful Christmas post! 


What I meant to write about is that I was trying to think of a way to do something fun on this blog for Christmas. So I decided I am going to have a giveaway! Three random people will win a homemade mystery present from me! 


All you have to do to enter is comment. Between now and December 15, any comment you make on this blog will count as one entry. On December 16, I will toss all the entries into a random hat, and pull out three winners! You'll have to email me with an address where your magical mystery prize can be sent. 


I was thinking of doing what most bloggers do for giveaways and have you get extra entries for following me on Facebook or Twitter or Google Plus or sharing or whatever... but because this is sort of supposed to be a gift from me to you, I didn't want you guys to have to work too hard for it. So you just have to comment. 


OK... that's it... my dad just went to pick up Portillos for dinner (I'm having chopped salad and a chocolate cake shake) so I am going to say goodbye, for now. Keep coming back!


9 comments :

  1. Sorry about your Sammi-Joe ..you can always adopt one for Christmas..that would give you a new Kitty and a kitty will get a home..they have LOTS of kitty's at shelters ...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could, but because I'm staying with my mom, she won't let me get any more pets! I'm lucky I'm allowed to keep Lily here! When I get my own place, I'm definitely getting a kitty.

      Delete
  2. You know, that really was a merry Christmas post. You gave your cat at least a dozen merry Christmases (depending on when her birthday fell). Safe from cold and traffic and predatory animals. With boxes to leap in and out of. I think you realize that, for a cat, that's about as good as it gets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was such a sweet post. My cats are definitely into boxes, too, but they fortunately never try to steal the ornaments from the tree. Or climb it. Or knock it over. I'm so sorry for the loss of Sammy-Joe. It's always hard when they pass on. I've been there, but I love the memories he gave you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! I'm allergic to cats but can relate to you missing your as my dog died in April. I still sometimes look for him when I walk in the door...
    Glad you got your tree up and I'm dying to know what your give-away gifts will be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww....Sammy-Joe was too much cute! Love the pics! My tree was up on Friday. I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful tree!!! I'm so sorry that you'll have to spend this Christmas without your kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A chocolate shake sounds delish. Sorry about your cat but glad you still have the festive tree up- I'm not sure if I will have one this year... still deciding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our 6 cats love Christmas too - and so did all the ones who came before them. Peace to all of us who take them in and give them a lifetime of love and safety!
    Thank you for the raffle!

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!