Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Saturday, November 30, 2013

What's Wrong With This Picture?

Hi everyone! Today is the last day of NaBloPoMo, so when I push "Publish" I will have officially completed the challenge! 

We didn't do much at all today. I worked some more on all my craft projects that I have happening. We also got to talk to Sunny and Squeak on Skype. It made me miss him a lot, and that made me sad, because being on Skype is not the same as really being there. But it is fun to watch him play and laugh and stuff! He is getting really big! He will be just about bursting out of the snowsuits we got him!

Also we decorated the house for Christmas. My job is usually to put up the manger... this is the one thing I am trusted with, because my mom, of course, likes everything to be "just so." She started letting my brother and I do the manger when we were little because we wanted to do something to help. We also used to have our own little Christmas tree upstairs by our room. 

My mom's manger was passed down in her family for several generations, and started out in Italy with her relatives. We don't have all the original pieces, because a lot have broken over the years. We've also added a lot of random pieces that don't really belong. 

Sometimes when I do the manger, I like to make it a little goofy and see if anyone notices. I know, I crack myself up, don't I? Here is a picture of our manger. Can you spot anything a little "off" about this scene?
Was this what the original event looked like?

Tomorrow is December 1 and I will be making a fun announcement, so stay tuned.

For now, I am going to go see what I can find for dinner! I already ate the rest of the baked macaroni and cheese, but word on the street is there are some mashed potatoes hidden somewhere in the fridge. 

Goodbye, Nablopomo! See you next year! 

5 comments :

  1. i see santa but it makes sense it is the first christmas...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep Santa had to bring the gold, frankincense and myrrh!

      Delete
  2. Hi! I just found my way here. My 6-year-old daughter has autism (amongst other things, like you), and she would probably insist on adding Pikachu to the nativity scene. ;-)

    Some pics of her: http://myjourneytoithaca.wordpress.com/2013/12/01/an-early-christmas-gift/ .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your daughter is beautiful! It sounds like you have an awesome family.

      Delete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!