Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Monday, November 25, 2013

Those Bastards! They Killed Brian!

I've got something to admit. One of my favorite shows is "Family Guy." I know it is a crude show that makes fun of everything... I mean, everything. And that makes a lot of people hate it, or at least claim to hate it. But it makes me crack up laughing every time I watch it. I could probably write a whole post explaining why I like the politically-incorrect humor of this show. Maybe some day I will. (Short version... a lot of times when they make fun of something or appear to have a point of view about something, they actually are just ridiculing that point of view. But anyways...)

So this morning I got onto the computer to check my email, and I saw a news article that said a character from Family Guy had been killed off. I didn't watch Family Guy last night. I usually watch it with my Dad, but we generally DVR the episodes or see them On Demand. So I had no idea who died. 

I clicked, and found out that the show killed off my favorite character! 
NOOOOOOO! Not Brian!!!

There are a lot of reasons why Brian is my favorite character. The least not of which is that he is a dog. And I love all dogs... even cartoon dogs who drink martinis!

The funniest thing about Brian is that he usually acts like a person, and sometimes acts like a dog. He walks on his hind legs, talks, has been to college, and even drives the car. But sometimes his doggie instincts take over... like when he's happy his tail starts wagging, and when he eats table scraps off the floor, and when he barks at people he doesn't like. In one episode he started having peeing accidents on the floor. In another episode, Peter is lost at sea, so Lois marries Brian, but they never consummated the marriage. When Peter comes back, Lois starts dating him again. Brian gets suspicious, so Lois distracts him by showing him a tennis ball! 

Brian is also a good person, or, um, dog. He usually does the right thing. He always takes care of Stewie and the two of them are best friends, even though they sometimes play tricks on each other. And there is one episode when he takes Meg (the character nobody likes) to the prom, because she doesn't have a date. 

When I heard the news, I texted my dad (the only other Family Guy fan in my household) and we had the following text conversation.

So when my dad got home tonight, we found the episode on our DVR and watched it. It was SAAAAAAAAD! Brian got hit by a car, and they took him to the vet but he died. Later they adopted a new dog named Vinnie, whose voice is the guy who played Pussy on Sopranos. 

I think they're going to bring Brian back. Some people actually started a petition on Change.org, pressuring the writers to bring Brian back! (Somehow I don't think that is what the creators of Change.org had in mind when they created their site, but... ) To me the whole thing seems like some sort of ploy to get more people to watch the show. The show just wouldn't be the same without Brian! 

Brian and Stewie having adventures together.

I guess I'll have to wait until next week to see. Does anyone else watch Family Guy? Or do you think I'm a total dork now? 


5 comments :

  1. oh no..not Brian...he was my favorite to...who will Stewie torture

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally saw this story and people were freaking out! You must be right....I bet they are bringing him back...maybe as Brian's evil twin, Ryan?! ;)-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog, but I wanted to tell you that I literally cried when they did this! I hate them for it. I have four kids as a single mom; my 5-year old is ADHD and my 10-year old is a transgendered Aspie. We all love Family Guy and yes, I let all my kids watch it (I'm one of those weird moms who seems to think I can teach my kids morality and fairness even if they are able to spontaneously quote from Seth MacFarlane's twisted brain). Personally, I believe they'll have to bring Brian back somehow, because Vinnie just doesn't have over the B-man. I mean really, can you picture an English Bulldog-mix with an Italian accent driving a Prius, singing Big Band tunes with Frank Sinatra Jr., getting p*ssed off at Republicans or mooning over Jillian? Without Brian, Stewie can't be himself. And by killing off one of their most beloved characters, Fox clearly just jumped this show over the biggest shark they could find.

    Okay, done ranting! P.S. My name is Angel, too. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog, but I wanted to tell you that I literally cried when they did this! I hate them for it. I have four kids as a single mom; my 5-year old is ADHD and my 10-year old is a transgendered Aspie. We all love Family Guy and yes, I let all my kids watch it (I'm one of those weird moms who seems to think I can teach my kids morality and fairness even if they are able to spontaneously quote from Seth MacFarlane's twisted brain). Personally, I believe they'll have to bring Brian back somehow, because Vinnie just doesn't have over the B-man. I mean really, can you picture an English Bulldog-mix with an Italian accent driving a Prius, singing Big Band tunes with Frank Sinatra Jr., getting p*ssed off at Republicans or mooning over Jillian? Without Brian, Stewie can't be himself. And by killing off one of their most beloved characters, Fox clearly just jumped this show over the biggest shark they could find.

    Okay, done ranting! P.S. My name is Angel, too. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog! Your family sounds awesome... I think you should start a blog too! I would read it! I agree, as long as you're not depending on TV to be your children's only role model, it isn't terrible to let them watch Family Guy. And I do hope they bring Brian back. I'm looking forward to the next episode, to see if they're going to surprise us!

      Delete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!