Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday Stealing: Thanksgiving Edition!

 If there was ever a day that I would fall out of NaBloPoMo, today would be it... ironically, a weekend day during my vacation, instead of a regular day! I spent most of the day again shopping with my mom and looking for things for Squeak to use while he's here. We got him some snowsuits and a few toys and stuff. It was really cold out and the stores were so crowded, I got really overwhelmed and just wanted to go home and take a nap. So I wasn't in a big hurry to blog... but Sunday Stealing is saving the day by giving me an easy post! It's a little late, but better late than never, right? This week, the questions are all about Thanksgiving. 
1. What do you have for breakfast on Thanksgiving? I have whatever I would usually have on an ordinary day... usually yogurt and cereal or something like that. 

2. Do you go to a Thanksgiving parade or watch one on TV?  Last year we went to the Lights Festival 
Parade in Chicago (usually the weekend before Thanksgiving) with my little cousins, but there were so many people, we could barely get a glimpse of the parade! When I was little we would sometimes watch the parade on TV, but not lately. 


3. Do you serve appetizers, lunch, or snacks during the day?  We usually have appetizers, and lunch is our big meal for the day. Dinner later is leftovers. 
4. What are the traditional favorites?  I don't think there are any, but I am not a big eater. It is a potluck so my mom makes turkey and all the other people bring side dishes. I like mashed potatoes and this year my mom said she'd make baked macaroni and cheese!

5. What new recipes will you try this year? Uh... baked macaroni and cheese?

6. What part of the meal do you never compromise?  Mashed potatoes! And dessert!

7. Who gets to carve the turkey? My mom, I guess, since she makes it. 
8. Family style around the table or buffet style and everyone sits wherever there’s room? Buffet style and everyone sits wherever there's room. There's not a table big enough for all of us! There are people at the kitchen table, and there are usually card tables in the living room and in the basement. I stick to the basement because its quieter. 

9. How many will be at your table this year? Between 16 and 18, depending on who comes! We're down a few people this year because two of my cousins are going to their significant others' family's houses for Thanksgiving. 

10. Once you're at the table, do you say grace or a toast or does everyone go around and say what they're thankful for? It depends whose house we're at! At my one aunt's, they always say the nondenominational "I'm having a personal conversation with God right now so please shut up" kind of Grace. When it is at my grandparents', they say the Catholic traditional meal blessing. At my mom's house, where Thanksgiving has been for the past few years, we just dig in! 

11. Cranberry sauce… yay or nay? Nah. 

12. What time do you eat Thanksgiving Dinner?  Around noon. 

13. Three best pies for Thanksgiving dessert?  I'm not really much for pumpkin pie. I love apple pie, which we're having this year. I don't think there will be any other flavors. We also have birthday cake for my grandpa's birthday. 

14. Do you have dessert right after the main meal or later on?  A little bit later on


So, that's it for my Sunday Stealing! I'm not feeling too great... I think I will lie down for a while. If you're here visiting from the Sunday Stealing link up, I'll get around to checking out all the other posts tomorrow! 

1 comment :

  1. This post made me SO HUNGRY!!! ahhh
    And I stopped by to tell you that I nominated you for a Liebster Award! I have no idea who wins what and when BUT sounds fun to me!
    My latest post explains the "rules"
    <3

    LittleBirdBlogs and a Liebster

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!