Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I Got A Liebster Award! (No, not a LOBSTER Award...)

Hi everyone! Well, I am barely making it through the end of NaBloPoMo! Thinking of something interesting and worthwhile to write about every day is tough! 

I'm excited to tell you that I got my very second blogging award! This is also going to constitute my creating a whole new page for all my awards. Now that I am a two-time award winning blogger and all. 

Carrie, from Little Bird Blogs, nominated me for the Liebster Award!  

Blogging awards are a little different from normal awards, because being "nominated" for one actually means you have one, and nothing more ever comes of it. Also, each person who gets nominated has to go on to nominate some more bloggers. The Liebster Award is particularly for bloggers with less than 200 followers. Officially, I have 3 followers on Google, although I know that there are a handful of other people who do "follow" through Facebook, Bloglovin, etc. I'm fairly certain it is way less than 200 though! 

Okay. Here are the rules. When you get the award, you have to...
1. Link the person who nominated you.
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 10 Liebster questions given by the person who nominated you.
4. Pick 10 bloggers with under 200 followers to be nominated for the award.
* I assume that's under 200 on Bloglovin but I can't be certain. 
5. Come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
6. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blogs. 
Nominees: PLEASE comment on this post with the link to your post. 

I already linked to Little Bird  Blogs. It is a funny blog. Go read it immediately. 

11 random facts about me? Is there anything you still don't know about me? Let's find out.
  1.      I have only broken three bones in my life. The first was my ring finger, which snapped while I was playing softball in 8th grade gym class. The fact that the ball came near enough to me to break my finger was somewhat of a miracle, considering I mostly tuned out in gym! The second time, I broke my toe because I was jumping off the bed and I jumped off and landed funny. And the third time, I broke my toe again a few years later, by jumping off the front stoop and landing funny! I should stop jumping off of things. 
  2.      I like to sleep with a night light. I don't like opening my eyes to total darkness! 
  3.      I put a little bowl of water on a bookshelf near my bed at night, so that my Small Dog can get a drink if she's thirsty. My mom hates that I do this, and once threatened to kick me out of the house because of it!
  4.     I am a good whistler! I can't whistle with my fingers though. But I can whistle a song! Its actually a habit.
  5.      Another habit I have is singing! I am always singing at home! I am not a good singer or anything... it just comes spilling out of me. Sometimes I make up new words to already existing songs... like "Get up, get up Little Puppy, get up, get up, Little Puppy," to the tune of :"10 Little Indians." (I think it is against the law to sing that song to children these days!) 
  6.      I didn't learn to drive until I was 21. People kept trying to teach me, but I had such a hard time with it! I finally forced myself to learn because I was moving to a small town in Colorado with no public transportation. My dad practiced with me so that I could pass the driving test in Illinois... and I basically taught myself to drive the rest of the way, on the wide open mountain roads of Mesa County! 
  7.     I can almost speak Spanish! Periodically I try to teach myself Spanish, and when I hear people speaking it I can almost understand it! If people spoke really slow all the time, I could probably understand. Especially if they stuck to conversations like, "The man eats an apple," and "The red shirt is mine!" 
  8.     When I was a kid I had a parakeet. He was an awesome parakeet who flew freely around the house and was best friends with the dog we had at the time. He met an untimely death when I was 9.
  9.      I have two cousins who I have only met once in my whole life! Actually, that isn't exactly true, because they did come to my house a few times when I was very little, but I don't remember it well. They are 7 and 9 years older than me. We are friends on Facebook.though. 
  10.      I can say the alphabet backwards! I originally learned this skill in junior high, and I used to use it to amuse drunk people. I think the idea came from someone telling me that they were told to say the alphabet backwards in a field sobriety test, and they couldn't do it, even though they were sober! 
  11.      I suck at following politics. I have no idea what is going on in the world most of the time. We could be getting attacked by zombies, and I wouldn't find out about it until they were outside my door. I do try to read news stories and stuff, but I just can't pay attention! I just assume most of it is bad news.
So that is my eleven things. Good, good. Moving on...  I now have to answer the questions that Carrie posted on her blog for the award nominees. 

1. What is your favorite thing about the city you're in? Uh... nothing? I am not really in a city, but a pretty run-down little suburb with nothing too exciting in it. I mean, there is nothing to get excited about here. My favorite thing about Chicago is that there is a lot to do... you could go to the beach, or Navy Pier, or any of the museums, or the zoos or the parks or just wander around and sightsee.
2. What is the most obvious common denominator in your group of friends? I don't really have a group of friends. I mean, there are a few disconnected people I could call my friends, but they don't know each other or anything... but probably the biggest common denominator would be loving animals. . 
3. What is the most obvious difference between you and them? See the answer to number 2. 
4. What is one silly/irrational belief you had as a child? I read this book where a girl was swimming in the ocean and got stung by a man-o-war. So I thought man-o-wars were in any body of water, including Lake Michigan, the swimming pool, and my bathtub. 
5. What is your worst habit? Sometimes, interrupting. I barely talk in groups, but when I am excited about a topic, I tend to just blurt things out! 
6. Name one random act of kindness someone has done for you. One time when I was homeless, it was Christmas, and I was sitting on a chair in the train depot.It was really crowded and people were bustling back and forth. Someone walked by and dropped an empty cigarette pack in my lap. I was like, "Hmm, weird," and I opened it up (I didn't smoke, but would have enjoyed having something to share with others) and there were ten single dollar bills rolled up inside! I have always remembered that, and I will never forget it. 
7. Name one super exciting moment in your life. Finding out that I was going to be an aunt! I was so excited! I still am! It still doesn't seem real. I feel like at any moment I am going to wake up and realize it was just a dream. 
8. What is one word you'd use to describe yourself? Quirky. 
9. What milestone year (5,13,16,21,25,30) stands out the most?  21 was the best! It was actually a really great year for me! I had a job I loved, I actually had some really close friends, and I was starting to have some normal 21-year-old experiences. Also that was the year I moved to Colorado. 
10. What character on tv or in a movie do you most relate to? Oh I don't know, I have difficulty relating to people on TV. I still identify with Punky Brewster, though. I really wish she had been real. I bet if she was, and she grew up, she and I would totally hang out! 

Okay. Whew, Is anyone exhausted yet? Let's keep going! 
I now have to nominate ten people for this award. I am really going to try not to nominate the same people I nominated for my last award. I'll try to mix it up a little. This is also going to be hard because Bloglovin doesn't really show the public how many followers a blog has, except for your own blog. But I'll come up with my own algorithm I guess. Okay. Ten blogs. Let's see! 


 If you've already gotten it before, I totally won't be mad if you skip it this time around! 

OK. If you do choose to participate, here are your ten questions...

1. What is your very first memory of childhood?
2. Do you have any pets?
3. Would you rather live in the city, country, or suburbs? And where do you live now?
4. What book do you think I should read?
5. If someone gave you a million dollars BUT said you don't get to keep it for yourself... you have to use it to make positive changes in the world... what would you do with it?
6. What is your favorite fast food restaurant?
7. What band do you think I should check out?
8. What is your favorite holiday?
9. What do you want for Christmas?
10. Who would win in a fight... Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny?

That's it. I'm done. ::Passes out::




4 comments :

  1. YAY! This was so fun to read! I also sleep with a light on, I can't do total darkness! I sing like crazy and didn't get my license until I was 21 but I can only barely whistle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. first memory...a dark room..a dog two cats and three goldfish,chicago Spirit Lake,give it to a shelter,o fast food fav..don't know new bands,all holidays...santa..he has backup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the award! I have done my job and the post is up! http://adhdandgeekery.blogspot.com/2013/11/winner-winner.html
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very late, but I wanted to say thank you for the award! I don't read enough blogs to nominate anyone yet, but I'll keep it in mind for the future. I also put a thank you in my last entry (from Dec. 15th). :)

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!