Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A Somewhat More Organized View Of My Room

Hi everyone! I have posted a couple times about my meager attempts at getting my childhood bedroom (where I currently have the misfortune of needing to live in) organized, and my frustration at my very type Super A mother threatening to evict me and/or throw out all my stuff.

Sorry if I sound grumpy... my depression and anxiety is at a whipping high right now... but please read on! 

Anyway, you can look here to see how messy my room used to look. It was cluttered with all of my teaching materials which I never got the opportunity to put in an actual classroom, plus just a bunch of other random junk that normal people would probably have a room for in their house (Like, lotions and medications and stuff could probably go in the bathroom, right? NOT FOR ME!) 

You can look here to see the beginnings of cleaning my room, which involved cleaning out my closet and building a shoe rack and putting in a sweater shelf. 

Well, last night I finished the largest portion of my room! I took some pictures. 

Bask in the glory of this clean room!
But you have to ignore the unmade bed... I took these pictures right before I went to bed, so I didn't feel like making up the bed just for the effect of the picture! Assume that I might, at some point, make it. 

Where did all of my teaching stuff go? I put it in the attic! I like to call it the Attic Of Broken Dreams. 

(I know, I know, now I'm just being dramatic to torture myself. If I really thought I'd never get to use that stuff, I'd just sell it. I should be more positive. But I just can't seem to muster any positivity lately. I am getting tired of wiping butts at work. Literally, dudes, I have to wipe butts. And I really don't mind it... a 7-year-old butt is not that much different from a toddler butt. And I know it has to be done. And I know that it is just another way of caring for and nurturing children with special needs. It's just that I always envisioned myself nurturing their minds, not their butts!
Butt I digress...)

1 comment :

  1. The glory of a clean room is something I haven't experienced in a while. Sorry to hear that you're down...and wiping butts (and OMG my 4yo ASD son still poops in a diaper but not at school where he holds it and pees in the potty and UGH I hope his teachers/aides are not wiping his butt when he's seven!!).
    Sending hugs and strength.

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!