Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

September Blog Challenge, Day 4: My Favorite Post So Far

 Because I am going to be leaving on my never-ending journey in a few days and probably won't be able to post every single day, I thought I'd get ahead with the blog challenge by writing a few posts in advance and scheduling them. I hope that isn't cheating! I'll also be posting regular posts whenever I am able to, mostly depending on the availability of wifi and how much time I have, so sometimes this blog may even have two posts in one day! The excitement should be driving you crazy right now!

Okay. Just wanted to warn you. Anyways, today is Day 4 of the September Blog Challenge, and the question is, what is my favorite blog post that I've ever written?

I haven't written a whole ton of posts in this blog yet. But I guess I'd have to say my favorite is this extremely long one, entitled I Guess I Might As Well Tell This Story. Those of you who have been reading my blog for a while probably remember that it was about an unfortunate experience I had as a teenager and how I handled it. The reason it is my favorite is that, although it was difficult for me to write, I got a lot of positive feedback on it. People commented to me, on the post, on Facebook, or privately through email. Several people shared their own stories of similar things that had happened to them. Some even thought that it might be helpful for teenagers who had been through similar things to read this post. 

It was something that I had not talked about in a long time. I used to tell people about this experience all the time, in the first year or two after it happened... but I started feeling like it was becoming my identity, becoming a part that I was required to play. I stopped telling people about it because I just didn't want that to be me. It isn't me. It was a part of my life, but it didn't change my personality or anything else about me. 

But afterwards I felt better for having shared that part of my life with my bloggy friends. And I don't feel that they started thinking of me differently. So I don't mind sharing it again. Read away, if you'd like!

It isn't too late to join the September Blog Challenge! Just click on the button below to learn how. 
 

4 comments :

  1. How wonderful that people were so supportive of you after that blog post. The blogging world is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not cheating at all that you've written a few of your post in advance. It's a very common occurrence in the blogging world. Looking forward to reading those posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite post is also a personal one. And I always write posts in advance so it isn't cheating at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have survived so much! I am glad you wrote your survival story. Thanks for sharing and post whenever you can. You are a great writer and it is wonderful to read your posts.

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!