Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My First Award!

 Hi everyone! My blog is now an official part of the Blogosphere, as I have gotten my first official award! The Gal Herself, from One Girl's Musings, sent me the Shine On Award! 

Okay. So here is the information I have about this award. This is what I have to do... 

1. Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you. 
2. Acknowledge that blogger on your blog, and link back.
3. Share seven random, interesting things about yourself.
4. Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the Shine On Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.


Sounds easy enough, right? I can totally do this! Here we go. Okay. Hmm. Let's see. Seven random, interesting things about me.  Uh... 

1. I learned to read when I was two years old. My parents taught me to read. They were poor and didn't have money to go out and do stuff, so they read to me a whole lot. I guess it paid off! By the time I was in first grade, I was reading at a fifth grade level! 

2. I do not know how to blow a bubble gum bubble. I've tried. I can't do it! I don't chew much gum anymore anyways, but as a kid I did try and try!

3. I used to be afraid of dogs when I was a small child, which is weird because I am a total, head-over-heels dog lover now!

4. Besides this recent cross-country trip I am on, I have taken Greyhound trips across the country twice. The first time, I Greyhounded it both ways from Chicago, to California, and back. The second time, I Greyhounded it one way, and then took a plane home. I actually enjoy it... it's an adventure!

5. I can't swim. Well, I can swim a little, but I get short-winded too quickly. So if I'm going out over my head in a large body of water like a lake or ocean, I like to wear a life jacket. Even though I look like a dork. (In a swimming pool, I can at least swim across the pool and back without drowning, so that is something, right?)

6. I used to love acting, when I was in elementary school. I took acting classes, made up plays to perform with the neighborhood kids, and loved being in school plays. I wanted to be an actress on TV! I had so much confidence as a kid. Being severely bullied from fifth grade up through the end of ninth grade knocked that confidence right out of me, and I never acted again.

7. I really want to be a foster parent and/or an adoptive parent someday. It is one of the goals I really hope I manage to achieve!

Okay, so those are my random facts! Do you like them? Good, good. And now for my fifteen victims, I mean, award recipients. Let's see... hmmm.... who shall I pick? Oh, I know!
















Okay. Now excuse me while I go notify all these people that they've been nominated! And thanks again from me to The Gal Herself for giving me my first award! Made my day! 







4. 


3 comments :

  1. You're a very good writer, Ms. Angel. You deserve an award for it! (And you deserve only good things in your non-cyber-life, as well.)

    I was shocked to hear that you were once afraid of dogs. And I completely relate to your bubble blowing problem as I simply cannot whistle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Sorry it too me a few days to get to this! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!