Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Friday, September 6, 2013

Leaving On A Jet Plane...

 Don't know when I'll be back again...
Seriously, I don't know when I'll be back again! 
Tomorrow morning I'm leaving on my long journey. I was planning on getting a lot of blogging errands done tonight, like getting some posts ready ahead of time and reading all your blogs and responding to comments and what have you. But my anxiety is starting to take over, and now I have that yucky feeling in my stomach and I'm kinda light-headed and shaky, so I'm just gonna fire off this one quick post! 

I am excited to see my brother and them, but it is always hard for me to get out of my routine. Since my brother and sister-in-law and Squeak have moved since I was last there, I can't even make a picture in my head of where I'll be. I don't know what I'll be eating or where I'll be sleeping or what my days will look like. And I really don't even know when I'm coming back... I'll be there at least a week, then go to my aunt's house for an undetermined amount of time, before coming back here! I kind of get addicted to my little routines... just the safety of knowing that my favorite cereal is in the cabinet and Dr. Pepper is in the fridge and I can use my computer whenever I want to and I know what I am going to do, basically, every single day. When I can't picture what the next day is going to be like, I get nervous! 

The other thing making me nervous is that I've never been away from my Small Dog for this long. The longest I've been away from her is a week. I guess this will be better because she'll be at home with my parents instead of at doggie daycare. But she depends on me! Whenever any of us get home, the first thing my little Small Dog does is run outside and look to see if I'm there... and if I'm not, she just keeps running around the house looking! How can I leave her behind!

My mom and I were talking about it today...

Me: "My Small Dog isn't happy unless I'm home, is she? That is a big responsibility, to have someone in the world who depends on you so much."

Mom: "Well, multiply that by about a million for having kids."

Me: "Yeah, but people can bring their kids with them places. If Lily was a human baby I wouldn't be leaving her behind for two weeks. I'd bring her with me. It's not like you'd be expected to kennel your children!"

I wish I could, like, explain to Small Dog where I am going to be, or send her a post card or something. I hope she doesn't just think I've disappeared!

I shouldn't be worried about that, though, right? I should be getting excited for this trip!

I know I'll be excited, just as soon as I get on the plane. But right now I'm just so nervous!

Bye for now... next time you see me I'll be in California, or at least on my way there! 

3 comments :

  1. I get sad about leaving my dog even though I know she will be taken care of. She gets sad too! The nice thing is she is so excited when I come home!!
    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always crazy scared before I fly. I get myself so worked up, I'm almost to the point I don't want to go. But a wise person once told me that the important thing is not our fears, but what our fears keep us from doing. So the important thing is that you're going, and that you will have a good time!

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!