Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Monday, September 30, 2013

Can You Sign This In Blood?

Me posing with some driftwood at the coast last week!
 Hi everyone! I am still staying with my aunt and uncle in what appears to be Washington, not Oregon. I have no idea where I am. Anyways, I was supposed to leave several days ago, but we just keep extending my stay, as my aunt keeps thinking of more things for us to do! Thursday is my final exit date, I think... As much as I love staying here, I need to get back into reality, find a job, etc. (Booooo!)

The other day I posted that I am thinking about moving out here. It is starting to look like a better and better idea. I would not move right away... I can't make rash decisions. My plan is to find a job when I get back to Chicago. I have also just enrolled in full time classes in order to get my early childhood letter of approval (it would allow me to teach early childhood special education, which is what I've decided I'd really love the most) so right now I am probably going to be looking for a part time job. I need to have some time to do my course work, right? Anyway, I will save up as much money as I can, and keep researching the possibilities of moving out here. And, if everything goes right, I will be able to be out here by next summer! But I'm not guaranteeing it. 


Anyways. I've been staying with my aunt and uncle and having a lot of fun with them. My uncle and I go hiking with the dog, Roo, just about every day. And I spend a lot of time just hanging out and talking with my aunt. Of course I spend a lot of time with Roo! There is also a lot of down time, so I can use my computer or read. I could stay forever! But Little Dog is getting impatient!


My aunt wrote a letter to my parents telling them how great it has been having me here. Do you want to see a little of what she wrote? 



"Just wanted to let you know that we LOVE having Angel here.  It's been so great getting to know her so much better.  She  has been a real joy.  And of course Roo is going to go through major withdrawal when she leaves. 
We're so impressed with her mind and how smart she is.  She and Uncle are having mental competitions and they're learning from each other...and I am too.  

I love how personable she is.  Once she gets past her handicaps with Aspergers she's really comes out of her shell.  There's a really cool person in there. 
We think that it would be great if she moved out west.  The pace is so much slower and most importantly she fits in with the accepting lifestyle out here.  People can be themselves without judgment which would be so wonderful for her.  She could really develop into a very good life.

Thanks for sharing her with us,"


My aunt sent me a copy of this letter, which threatened to give me a swollen head! I want to print it out and keep it in my pocket and read it to myself over and over again, so I can remember.

I think this trip has been really great for me. I've learned a lot about myself, and about being myself. I've gained some confidence. I think it was a good idea for me to be on my own for a while... I mean I know I've been with family the whole time, but I've been away from my parents, and kind of able to do my own thing. 

I'm not ready to go back!!!


No comments :

Post a Comment

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!